So now that we heard the first clips...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoovation said:
The clips we can hear now remind me of the general radio music I hear everyday.

er... what music do they play on your radio? :scratch:

I've never bought the arguement that U2 is catering to radio now and weren't before. First of all, even though the songs are catchy and good singles, they still don't sound like much of what's actually played on the radio. Secondly, U2 has been making "pop" or "radio friendly" songs since Achtung Baby certainly, if not before. I think U2 is making the kind of music they want to make, just as they always have. Some people just don't like it.

that is distinctly bono saying "we're the arcade fire"...
it really surprises me how few people can identify their favorite singer's voice.

even if it isn't bono (which it is, and it REALLY REALLY is... when they are singing... there is no debate there. No one else sounds like that, especailly Win Butler), the persong saying it has a clear irish accent.

The Arcade Fire's members are from Canada, and Win Butler's singing and speaking voice soung nothing like this.

I don't know why Bono would say "we're the arcade fire"...

but he does make jokes like that all the time. it could easily just mean "that is our song inspired by the arcade fire".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELxX3oj2Js0

he sounds nothing like bono in any way whatsoever

AtomicBono said:

er... what music do they play on your radio? :scratch:

I've never bought the arguement that U2 is catering to radio now and weren't before. First of all, even though the songs are catchy and good singles, they still don't sound like much of what's actually played on the radio. Secondly, U2 has been making "pop" or "radio friendly" songs since Achtung Baby certainly, if not before. I think U2 is making the kind of music they want to make, just as they always have. Some people just don't like it.

:up:

City of Blinding Lights and Sometimes... were the only Bomb songs played on the radio in my town. Pride, One, Sunday Bloody Sunday, and With or Without You gets lots of play on the "classic rawwkkk" station.

LemonMacPhisto said:

:up:

City of Blinding Lights and Sometimes... were the only Bomb songs played on the radio in my town. Pride, One, Sunday Bloody Sunday, and With or Without You gets lots of play on the "classic rawwkkk" station.

i was having lunch with a friend and on the way i heard the rattle & hum version of BTBS on the mainstream rock station..i was very VERY surprised...weird tho

After having some time to listen to the beach clips, I've certainly decided I love all the songs. As I stated in another post I think 404 is still my favorite but 400 isn't far behind. I agree with the other person who said all four of the songs could be on the same album together. While all different, I don't think they're radically different. I do disagree with the theory that these songs are far from being finished. I think some people are being thrown off by the poor quality of the tape. To me the songs sound fairly "produced" already. With these four songs and probably Mercy close to being finished, I'm hoping we're not that far from seeing an album.

Back
Top Bottom