So my mom watched the U2 concert in Milan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: So my mom watched the U2 concert in Milan

Val said:
"I should know better ... they still call him BONE-oh."

They probably are closet Dead heads..lol

The closest they get to rock and roll is Peter, Paul & Mary. Believe me ... they ain't Dead Heads. :wink:

Although, to be fair to my dad, he does have a thing for Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida.

:hmm:

:hmm:

The same post at Zootopia, or a couple other U2 sites I visit, would get either more supportive responses, or at least responses not oozing with sarcasm.

Not directed to the post starter Justin, but sheesh, the sarcasm meter is turned up to 11 here.

Don't like the topic, or it doesn't interest you one iota, then don't reply to it.

Not like the guy was talking about his girlfriends' cousin's mom's best friend whom she's known since 2nd grade.

At least it wasn't, 'hey, my mom saw Panic at the Disco on TV and wants to go see them live.'

U2 are in their 40's now, it's not a stretch they could appeal to those in that same age range is it?

Don't give me none of that, where's your sense of humor, I do have one, but well, the sarcastic responses weren't that funny.

Think I'll stick to Pleba for the comedy around here. Especially the captions threads.

indra said:
Have any of you (ROG excepted) ever heard the phrase "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"?

This would be a good time to employ that.

But then the people here who constantly post mocking sarcastic trolling comments (and sometimes contribute nothing else but) would have nothing to do here and would stop posting :sad:

Nice that you can share U2 with your mother Justin, my mother likes them too

They are indeed great with that age demographic. Perhaps they should release a special edition of each new album for the parents, with some kind of book with cute drawings and stuff.

I bought U218 just for the DVD. I'm gonna relabel the music CD as "Mega Mariachi Fiesta" or something and hope my parents will listen to it when I visit over the holiday. Otherwise, they wouldn't touch something labeled U2 with a 40 foot pole.

redhotswami said:
. I'm gonna relabel the music CD as "Mega Mariachi Fiesta" or something and hope my parents will listen to it when I visit over the holiday.
:laugh:!

Back
Top Bottom