so is there a video for the new singles or

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes, for both. The ABOY vid is the flatbed truck recording from NY and the SYCMIOYO video was recorded earlier in December at various Bob Hewson related spots around Dublin. Both should be aired pretty soon.

I find it very strange, and uncomfortable that U2 is really pushing their music through such mainstream media outlets. I don't know why though, 'cos I think everyone should hear a little U2 now and then, but ESPN and ABC College Football? That seems a little "too" calculated for my tastes..but since I'm a huge USC fan I will be watching...I'd be watching anyway just to see U2.

reggie, son, they've been doing this since 2000. it's the new u2, swallow your pride and just hope it'll all go away soon.

Times and music industry has changed, and so must the promotion.

Not like this was ever an indie type of band.

Even the indie bands are on mainstream ads nowadays. I heard the Von Bondies on a Chevy ad, The Walkmen on a Saturn ad, The Killers and the Polyphonic Spree appeared in "Las Vegas", REM appeared on "Boston Public", and Radiohead and Doves on several episodes of CSI. Hell, the Foo Fighters "Next Year" was the theme song for "Ed."

Last edited:
were the killers ever indie though?

whatever, i know what you mean mr. brau. i think the walkmen have used at least two songs for car commercials.

so have the dandy warhols, but i don't know anyone who likes them anyway.

Zoomerang96 said:
were the killers ever indie though?

whatever, i know what you mean mr. brau. i think the walkmen have used at least two songs for car commercials.

so have the dandy warhols, but i don't know anyone who likes them anyway.

The Killers were NEVER indie.

Zoomerang96 said:
reggie, son, they've been doing this since 2000. it's the new u2, swallow your pride and just hope it'll all go away soon.

What makes me cringe is the lineup they have for these Music + College Football extravaganzas. In addition to U2, they have Phil Collins, Lenny Kravitz, Tom Petty, etc. on at different games. :huh:

Last edited:
If anyone was wondering though, the ABOY video will be more like a montage of U2 playing on the truck, signing autographs, and the reaction from the fans.

:drool:

Who cares how they promote thier stuff?
Remember when fans didn't bitch and whine so much and over analyze?
I wonder if big rock bands have their own websites where they bitch about the fans.
remember when fans didn't trade our music online?
Remember when fans wouldn't stalk us and know everything about us?
Remember when...
I wonder why..
I hate when...
Who thinks...
Who do you think the most over-rated fan is?
Do you think Bill Johnosn gave any money to the Tsunami relief fund?
What do you think Sally Smith should do about the election and the tidal wave?
Do you think our fans have gone downhill?....
They would have funny screenames JoeBlowinOhio and little avatars of us average people with stuff drawn on them.
"Hey Edge! I love your avatar of dave, it rocks!"
"Thanks, I photoshopped it!"

Iskra said:
Who cares how they promote thier stuff?
Remember when fans didn't bitch and whine so much and over analyze?
I wonder if big rock bands have their own websites where they bitch about the fans.
remember when fans didn't trade our music online?
Remember when fans wouldn't stalk us and know everything about us?
Remember when...
I wonder why..
I hate when...
Who thinks...
Who do you think the most over-rated fan is?
Do you think Bill Johnosn gave any money to the Tsunami relief fund?
What do you think Sally Smith should do about the election and the tidal wave?
Do you think our fans have gone downhill?....
They would have funny screenames JoeBlowinOhio and little avatars of us average people with stuff drawn on them.
"Hey Edge! I love your avatar of dave, it rocks!"
"Thanks, I photoshopped it!"

i know Bill Johnson. i'll ask him tomorrow.

Just watch U2 Dismantled youlle hear U2s opinion on promotion and selling out. I couldnt agree with them more.

MrBrau1 said:
Tom Petty is fucking brilliant. Most under-rated American songwriter ever.

...just as Dylan is the most overrated.

Sorry if this is off topic.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom