So I'm cleaning the garage and I find this box with U2 stuff in it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RedrocksU2 said:
I tried that, they said it was sold out :(

Thanks though.

ebay. one pops up every few weeks, and they only end up going for 15-20 bucks. there's one up now, currently at $5, but it's pretty beat up.

I had a shirt from the red rocks concert-and lost it!!
Oh the horror!!

Still have a bunch of Rolling stones from the 80´s and 90´s. Got the one with Bono´s face taking up the whole cover when he talks about taking bastard lessons. Really good article from JT era.

Have some Details magazine (not sure if anyone remembers them?) about Zooropa and AB. They are all in my home in the US (I´m in Brazil now). I will scan when I get home this Christmas.

RedrocksU2 said:

Tuwie, there are several more out there.

I want this Time magazine cover, I can't find it anywhere...:|

1101870427_400.jpg

This is very popular on eBay.

In fact, I might even have two. Hmmm.... :hmm:

My U2 collection is ridiculous. Sometimes I buy something thinking I don't have it - but I do. :coocoo:

While the items are "out", they aren't quite displayed as I would like. Trouble is, it's difficult to display all of them without literally taking over a room (or two). So they remain on shelves in book or CD cases. :)

Chizip said:
i dont collect much stuff, but here is some things ive found i have

sil001-01.jpg

*snipped for space*

Now these I like!

I only have one of them. Often the rest are just too expensive or difficult to find (or I don't want them). Promo stuff is fun, but I tend to focus more on the music or video side. However, I do have a few promos over the years. One of my favorite items isn't legit - it's little U2 statues! They are in - for the most part - the Elevation Tour stile. They are ceramic, so they can't move, but they are cute. :cute:

doctorwho said:

Now these I like!

I only have one of them. Often the rest are just too expensive or difficult to find (or I don't want them). Promo stuff is fun, but I tend to focus more on the music or video side. However, I do have a few promos over the years. One of my favorite items isn't legit - it's little U2 statues! They are in - for the most part - the Elevation Tour stile. They are ceramic, so they can't move, but they are cute. :cute:

Nice! I'd seen those on ebay once, but never again.

Who does this promo stuff go to? Radio stations? Music stores? Some of it is pretty cool. Those BD Oakley sunglasses---only 50 of those were made. :ohmy:

And I'd love to get my hands on the Achtung Baby Users Kit...:drool:

pr085-02.jpg

http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/pr085.html

:drool:

ChipiT!!! That's priceless

My collection of books, magazines, posters and miscellaneous crap is all to much to photograph, but trust me it's huge. I will try and take a pic of some things when I get home.

I'm so proud of it all :sad:

:up: Very cool stuff RR...I bet you are glad you went ahead and got that garage together eh?

Sicy said:

Damn.. I had this. I have to see if I still do.

I got it from ebay - pad $50 but it was so worth it. Aside from the great u2 article it's interesting to read a Time mag from 20 years ago!

The strangest U2 thing I have is clippings of Edges dogs hair from 1993 - my friend worked in a vets where we lived in Dublin near Edge and he brought his dogs in for a haircut and she snagged the hair! strange but true. I think the hair is still in my bedroom in dublin.

I have close to a thousand ( if not more) items in my collection. I can't afford frames anymore for them, so I keep them in storage boxes. Its started from one pin I purchased for my niece. My advice is...Don't start! Too many years of cool items to collect.

Sicy said:
Meh I want the Vertigo 3 charm necklace :sad:

I bought it at the show. I've worn it alot so the chain doesn't seem to lay perfectly flat. I saw one on ebay once, and I knew people here were looking for it, but didn't know who. If I see one again, I'll let you know.

ETA: that was eerie JCoster - like deja vu or something :shifty:

If anyone still has their condoms from Zoo TV or PopMart, I'd advise not using them. And not just because it's a fun collector's item.

Thus endeth the public service announcement.

U2Girl1978 said:
I got a couple of really old U2 Magazines from this site: http://www.thegreatescapeonline.com/

They have alot of U2ey stuff on there.

What a coincidence...I was just at one of their stores in Nashville a few weeks ago. I found a bunch of U2 cds, but I already had them already. But I scored some other non-U2 stuff. Great store.

Back
Top Bottom