So I went back and have been listening to The Unforgettable Fire....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
and have just now realized the greatness of this record. This record just flows together so well, from beginning to end. It just feels like all the songs connect and flow together. Like the music is telling you some kind of story as you listen to it. This is epic U2, painting various sonic landscapes. Wow, this album has just blown my mind away. There's just such a earthy, surreal feeling to this record. In terms of how this record flows so well together musically from beginning to end, I think its right up there with Achtung Baby. Though I still think Achtung Baby is a better record because it just has better songs, The Unforgettable Fire may be just as innovative in U2 developing their sound...

U2One said:
and have just now realized the greatness of this record. This record just flows together so well, from beginning to end. It just feels like all the songs connect and flow together. Like the music is telling you some kind of story as you listen to it. This is epic U2, painting various sonic landscapes. Wow, this album has just blown my mind away. There's just such a earthy, surreal feeling to this record. In terms of how this record flows so well together musically from beginning to end, I think its right up there with Achtung Baby. Though I still think Achtung Baby is a better record because it just has better songs, The Unforgettable Fire may be just as innovative in U2 developing their sound...

I couldn't have said it better myself :drool:

Indian Summer Sky :drool:

It's interesting that it's probably their clearest record as far as the production goes but their most indistinct record as far as songwriting goes. Without the polished production, I think it'd come off as a muddled mess, but as it is, it's a beautifully out-of-focus song cycle.

Only my 6th favourite album because I don't like some songs...

But I must say this:

A sort of homecoming
The unforgettable fire
Bad
Indian Summer sky
:drool: :drool: :drool: :bow: :bow: :bow:

right now the song that i can't get enough of on this record is Promenade. Very underrated song...

I listen to UF every day, not the whole album, but at least 3-4 songs are in my "nighttime" playlist.
It's awesome and timeless, imo.

Joshua87 said:
Its one huge song....its perfect

Exactly.

For example, Elvis Presley and America's not a song I'd generally just put on, but in the context of the record it works well... in fact I rarely listen to just one song off of UF (unless it's a live performance, i.e. Bad), I just have to listen to the whole thing!

What's everyone's favourite songs from UF? Mine are Bad (obviously), Wire, and Indian Summer Sky (very underrated imo). It has such great lyrics:

To lose along the way
The spark that set the flame
To flicker and to fade
On this, the longest day

:heart:

UF is one of my favorite U2 albums ever. It has such incredible flow, and the music is brilliant. Whenever I don't listen to it for a while and then come back to it, I seem to fall in love with it even deeper. It's like wine, it just keeps getting better with time.:heart: :bow:

Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Pride (Way better on record than live!)
Promenade
EP&A
MLK

Some of their best ever!

Such an amazing vibe throughout the album. When you finish listenning to the entire thing it feels like you have been on a journey.

UF was the last U2 CD I got... and I kick myself for waiting so long every time I listen to it.

How could I have gotten on for so long without A Sort Of Homecoming, Wire, or Promenade?:huh:

Pride got me into U2 and so did the beautiful album The Unforgettable Fire. imo it was their first real classic album. the other two classics are TJT & AB. TUF is one flow of great music. it was a brave experimental statement of the band & the producers back then in 1984 and they all together (plus eno + lanois)created a new sound for the big audience.

AtomicBono said:

What's everyone's favourite songs from UF? Mine are Bad (obviously), Wire, and Indian Summer Sky (very underrated imo). It has such great lyrics:

I agree Wire is very underrated amazing song, I can't pick a favourite I once said "It has 1 classic song" "Then how is it your favourite" "Because 4 of the songs are perfection". If I had to pick a favourite I would go with Bad.

U2One said:
right now the song that i can't get enough of on this record is Promenade. Very underrated song...

one of the best songs they have written and totally underrated imho...

The flow of this album is undeniable beautiful.
songs like pride, homecomming, uf, promenade, bad, wire are outstanding work for a group that age(any age for that matter) it's such a mature soulful album..I totally love it and it's up there for me in the top 5 of their best work...Pride by the way was the song that got me hooked and the reason I started playing guitar..I was 10...how time flies:sad:

gr@cie said:
(see sig)

i do see your sig, and you have quoted the song incorrectly

the lyric is actually charity dance with me...

it's been my email addy for years ;)

unforgettable fire is U2's most brilliant album, and my personal favorite

gr@cie said:
:up:

:) (see sig)

Favorite U2 Album next to AB.

Gracie, I had Promanade played at my wedding one of my all time favorites.

Oh Cherry dance with me spin me around tonight up....

Back
Top Bottom