So I found this video in the back of the cabinet...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
...and it was taped off of Fox in 1992 (?) and sponsored by Phillips. It's a ZooTV concert with some guy running around gathering "commentary" and going up onstage with Bono at the end of the show. Now I get around to watching the dvd video of Until the End of the World, and there's that guy! And the weird newscaster in the show I have on tape! The dvd notes talk about some tv special Kevin Godley directed?

I don't remember taping this; I don't think I did. I think someone gave me this tape and I just now refound it.

What is it? :eyebrow:

I can't remember the name exactly, but it was a ZOO TV television special that was on FOX in 92 to promote the tour, the album and whatever the single was at that time..

I still have it around here somewhere...

Yes, U2 gave us an early Christmas present in Nov/Dec of 1992. It was the Zoo TV special, and it was broadcast on FOX and then broadcast in a longer version on MTV. This is where the video from "Until The End Of The World" comes from on the new Best of DVD.

It was a pretty good show, except the commentator they got to follow the band around was very annonying!! Other than that great version of "Zoo Station", "The Fly", "Even Better..." and a lot of other songs played on the Zoo TV Tour. That tapes a keeper!!

A treasure imho...if we are talking about the same video

is that the one...the commentator is dressed in fatigues, he goes under the stage and shows the engine room of the show, all the puters etc?In another scene he is at the taping of some variety show and "U2" are playing (if I recall correctly) WGRYWH, but then he notices U2 are in the audience and stand up to leave.....etc.
If that is the same one, I rememeber vividly the night it went free -to-air in Oz. I hadn't seen much video footage of U2 at that stage, except for their clips. It was stunning.
I think that may be the first time I heard the term" Rock n RoLl Doggie" prompted by the fan with the incredibly loud voice( teehee).
You have a cabinet martha, I have a bottom draw...almost filled to overflowing. I need to "get a room", a music room. I'd love to have all my videos and "stuff" on shelves. I'll go dig it out later and check the credits. I think I just have "U2-ZooTV" written on the spine.( I mean,spine of the video case, I'm not diverging into tattoo talk....although **idea**?)What else did ya find in the back of the cabinet?....nah, j/k:sexywink:

Must be in the air....

I spent Saturday night going through my U2 drawers. Looking for the Late Late Show when they performed "So this is Christmas - War is over". Found that watched it, then I ended up watching live concert footage from 1982!! :eeklaugh: 1984!!! :drool: 1987!!!! :love: :love:

I am sure I have that ZOO TV special too, but I haven't watched it since it was aired, because when I watched UTEOTW on the DVD I knew I had seen it, but I was floored and stunned and concert memories flooded by head! :hyper: :combust:

nice excuse to watch more TV..thanks martha, and if I eat another blueberry,I'll expl

..ode!!:yes:
Phillips DCC- ZOOTV featuring U2

Some funny funny lines, bit of a time cpasule, the events, the advertisements that came on between the show.
George Bush for instance - "these are the times that "rock" men's lives..."
" the underworld, the show beneath the show"
There are two good quotes I 'd like to use for my location at some point..
"amid rumours of stubborn stains" and
"playing squeeze the buttocks in a cold and hostile place":eeklaugh:
brilliant television ( "voluntary enslavement") imho
:lmao:U2 :bow: eau de zoo,hahahhahahahaha ha
all this followed by the INXS documentary...nice.:larry: :adam: :bono: :edge:very nice

*whimper* I want one...

I've never heard of this broadcast/video! Im so very jealous. I want a copy! lol. Ya know, when I first read the subject line of this thread... I thought it was gonna be one of 'those' videos :ohmy:

but then I realized this isn't located within the IO forum :wink:

Back
Top Bottom