So HOW DO YOU dismantle an atomic bomb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coach

War Child
Now that most of us have heard it, what do you think? Is atomic bomb a reference to some one? , the human spirit? the times? What are the overall themes in the album? How do we dismantle atomic bombs?

cheers?

Bono has come out and said the HE was the atomic bomb after his father died. All the emotions involved, etc. and not knowing how to deal with it all.

As for dismantling it? Well, expressing his feelings and making some kick ass music seemed to have done the trick.:wink:

I say give it to Edge and go out for chinese food. He's good at these kinds of things.

Lancemc said:
I say give it to Edge and go out for chinese food. He's good at these kinds of things.

Hah, true...just don't let Bono get ahold of it, he might accidently set it off... then again if the bomb is 11 brilliant songs that might not be such a bad thing ;)

Lancemc said:

Give it to Edge and he'd probably turn it into the Atomic Orgasmatron... and do we really want that to fall into the wrong hands?

UnforgettableLemon said:

Give it to Edge and he'd probably turn it into the Atomic Orgasmatron... and do we really want that to fall into the wrong hands?

Oh dear, imagine PLEBA.

UnforgettableLemon said:

Whoa, you mean he'll turn it into BONO? :D

How do you dismantle an atomic bomb? With love. Even though it's something cliched I don't care. I'm not really asking for inspiration in the lyrics, just the inspiration from the music.

I think they named this album after the song Love and Peace or Else. The big silence near the end of the song totally makes me envision an atomic explosion, and the chorus is quite obvious.

I actually get a sense of fear when that big gap happens. Then the Love and Peace make it all better.

It's very fitting to the title.

actuallly you can use a conventional explosive to take care of the bomb without it goin nuclear....just in case any of you are in a bind

Back
Top Bottom