So Cruel, OTH, Zooropa...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Hypothetically speaking:

Paul McGuiness calls you up and says that the boys are getting rid of ____(insert song title here), and you, being their oh-so-biggest-fan get to choose the replacement. What'll it be? What song would you scratch, what would you add? (ONE ONLY!)

I kill Desire ( Off the first leg )or New Years Day and add Throwing Your Arms Around The World or a cover of queen's Fat Bottomed Girls!!

mike in toronto
Go Leafs GO!!!

Well, the first part is easy. I'd get rid of "Pride".

The second part changes on a daily basis. Today I'd add a full-band (non-accoustic) version of "Desire".

get rid of: little brake before encores
add: Groove is in the Heart

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Heh Heh Heh - nice on eSalome.

I would get rid of "What's goin on" even though it has only been played once.

I would insert One Tree Hill.

Originally posted by ouizy:
Heh Heh Heh - nice on eSalome.
thank you
I dedicate the rest of my life to get U2 to play "Groove is in the Heart"

------------------
Salome

Originally posted by Salome:
I dedicate the rest of my life to get U2 to play "Groove is in the Heart"

LOL! That would be hilarious.
smile.gif
Maybe you could get them to play it over the PA as the last song before they come onstage.

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
Maybe you could get them to play it over the PA as the last song before they come onstage.
mmm, a bit less ambitious
I like it
biggrin.gif

------------------
Salome

I think before 9/11 I would have said scratch New York, but how things have changed!

I now say scratch Angel of Harlem (if they keep doing it) and add Running to Stand Still.

My all-time request to hear live before this tour was Bad, and obviously they've already fulfilled my dream on that score. Really now my biggest request would be Love is Blindness, but I could never ask for that on this tour because it wouldn't work in the setlist. Even though it can be interpreted as an effort to understand the mindset of a terrorist, where love = love of country or cause (think "squeeze the handle, blow out the candle, love is blindness"), they're trying to generally be optimistic on this tour, and I think LisB would just turn into this black hole that would suck all the joy out of the concert.

Still, I'd like to hear it some day. Edge's solo is blistering.

------------------
you've got the right shoes to get you through the night

Songs to cut for:
New Years Day
New York
Desire
Stuck In A Moment
ISHFWILF
One

Songs to add:
MOFO
Ultraviolet
Zooropa
God Part II
Please

Songs to definately keep:
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Walk On
With or Without You
WTSHNN
Discotheque (even though they don't play it much anymore, glad i got to see it in Miami)

it's not that i don't like the other songs, but they are played way too much, it's time to give some other songs a turn.

------------------
Peace out and take care!
-Jason

P.S. "Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no-one is watching." - U2

Back
Top Bottom