So apparently the songs U2 are currently wokring on sound like...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can someone enlighten me on what the Melbourne outtakes are?

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

I wonder what that is too, hopefully somebody can shed some light. Still wonder if that snippet from the 60 minutes Bono's car is going to be on the new record!

Originally posted by zooropa16:
From comments made by Bono, the sound is going to have a harder edge than ATYCLB.

*prays that you are right*

Bring on The Edge!!!!!!!!!

the melbourne out takes stem from a recording fans made on the popmart tour of new material being played during a soundcheck in, you guessed it
smile.gif
, melbourne.

the only version i have ever heard is of very poor quality. you can however hear bono singing, something, and some other music but to my ears it is really nondescript. perhaps there is a better or cleaned up version which does better justice to the band but i've never been overly impressed with it.

------------------
pssst: gravity pushes.

I really like the Melbourne soundchecks so this is wicked news. Obviously they aren't finished songs, but what there is of them there is really cool.

Edit: Then again, achtung baby was going to be a dance album and Pop was going to return to their rock roots, so we can't take these things to head too readily.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 03-24-2002).]

Maybe they just heard them reworking an old Achtung Baby outtake or b-side ala Sweetest Thing...

------------------
And I felt like a star...

[This message has been edited by Dorian Gray (edited 03-25-2002).]

my prophecy will come true.. i'm going to quit my job and become a professional fortune teller!! yeahh! ages ago i predicted that this next album will sound similar to AB but be superiour to it, thus being the Best album they've ever recorded. yahhhh

god, only fans could compare new material to the Melbourne Soundchecks

I guess they would have said the same if they had heard U2 play early versions of Beautiful Day and Stuck in a Moment

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 03-25-2002).]

Originally posted by Hewson:
Originally posted by zooropa16:
a harder edge than ATYCLB.

That's what Morleigh wants
eek.gif

LMAO oh god. haha.
that was a cheap shot. well not really, but geez. it made me laugh a lot.

What a wonderful world we live in with this thing called the internet...some lucky Italian fans living in Dublin hear the band rehearsing a few new songs at the Quay, and as soon as they can break away, and email a U2 site that will believe them, we are all hearing about what the new album might sound like.

In the old days, I'm sure stuff like that happened all the time with fans hearing new stuff coming from Windmill Lanes, but by the time we finally got the news, the new U2 album was already released.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom