Smile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slipstream

Refugee
Hey! I just got Smile from the Atomic Sessions recently and was wondering if anyone knew any more info on it. Did it morph into one of the tracks on Atomic Bomb? It sounds like it did. Does anyone agree that this song is absolutely great? I just can't get enough of it!

very good song indeed. I dont think it turned into anything else, just seems like it didn't make the cut.

I think this song is wonderful and I can't believe they didn't use it on HTDAAB or keep it for later use.

My pick of the unreleased stuff, by a mile. The lead guitar motif sounds like the Melbourne soundchecks although I haven't heard them in years.

I like Levitate and Love You Like Mad more. They should have been on ATYCLB instead of Peace on Earth and Grace. I actually made that tracklisting on my iPod. It is much better, especially using Walk On as the last track instead of Grace.

Smile just hasn't hit me. to be completely honest, i think it's a boring song.

Yes, I love it too, though I must admit I'm still struggling with the lyrics. Any insights would be welcomed!

Smile is my favorite outtake right now. IMO it would have been a great addition to HTDAAB, instead of Fast Cars.

I love Smile..makes me smile :)..my other fav is Flower Child i love that song has to be my absolute favs from the unrealsed stuff right now :)

Back
Top Bottom