Slow Dancing: Bono or Willie Nelson?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
Well, since we had the discussion about the two versions of The Wanderer, I thought it would be interesting to get everyone's thoughts on this song as well.

Which do you prefer?

While I think the Willie Nelson version is a nice change of pace, I much prefer the Bono version. It's one of the simplest, most beautiful songs they've ever done. A nice contrast to ZooTV at the time.

Well the u2 version is pretty stripped down, it's good, but lacks a real production.

The Willie one is really good.

I still listen to both on a regular basis.

catlhere said:
Aflack.

I mean I haven't heard either so I can't make a pick. :D
lemme hook you up, cattlehere
cow.gif

:kiss:

I hate the Willie Nelson version, and it's a shame the Bono one isn't the full band form of the song.

~BrightestStar~ said:
Must.

Resist.

Temptation.

:silent:

:tongue:
It's just begging to be said.

:| You have GOT to be kidding. Stupid. :|

fly so high! said:
I have not heard Willie's version.....wow...i must have been livin' under a rock!

It's one of the B-sides of the If God Will Send His Angels single (Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad is another one on that single).
:)

Popmartijn said:

It's one of the B-sides of the If God Will Send His Angels single (Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad is another one on that single).
:)

An underated single I might to that.

Bono wrote slowing dancing for Willie right? I think it took U2 an arm and a leg to get together with Willie to record it. Great version though :up:

Willie :up:

Bono's version is good in its own right, but Willie's is just amazing :heart:

*Bono's surprisingly good at writing country songs, or atleast songs for country artists: Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and Roy Orbison :ohmy: *

Willie Nelsons vocal version is a great song. What I love most about this version is Mullens symbol crash on the "Daaaaaaaanccccing" bit. Superb version and the best cos it has the whole band on it.:wink:

I like both versions, though I prefer the arrangement in the Bono version.

Willie Nelson is coming to my town next month :drool: He puts on a good show.

Back
Top Bottom