Slane to be released on DVD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*Ally*

New Yorker
go to the following website: http://www.spincam.com/

on the main page, there is a link to go see the work that this company has done for U2. when you click on that link, it shows you some VERY cool pictures of one of the Slane shows. and it is revealed that Dreamchaser used this company to film the Slane show- and that it will be released on U2.com and on a DVD in the near future!

woohoo!
biggrin.gif

I dunno Ally.

They seemed kind of vague as to if they were going to use the footage.

Could the DVD they are talking about be the Boston one? Wasn't there a spin cam used there?

The website says the following:

"For the second leg of U2's 2001 Elevation World Tour, Dreamchaser Productions wanted to record immersive footage which
could be incorporated onto a forthcoming DVD/CD-ROM release and possibly be used on the band's web site."

I emphasize the word "could". God it would be great, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Originally posted by ouizy:
I dunno Ally.

They seemed kind of vague as to if they were going to use the footage.

Could the DVD they are talking about be the Boston one? Wasn't there a spin cam used there?

hmmm, well, they have photos of the slane show up.... maybe dreamchaser didn't like the way it turned out, and has decided not to use it. i think they definitely FILMED the slane show, though (just by looking at the photos). i guess we'll see!

*crosses fingers and hopes for slane footage to be released*

smile.gif

Originally posted by ramblin rose:
The website says the following:

"For the second leg of U2's 2001 Elevation World Tour, Dreamchaser Productions wanted to record immersive footage which
could be incorporated onto a forthcoming DVD/CD-ROM release and possibly be used on the band's web site."

I emphasize the word "could". God it would be great, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

you're right, ramblin rose! guess i just got a little overexcited... lol! they may never release the footage. i'm hoping they do, though!

smile.gif

For the second leg of U2's 2001 Elevation World Tour, Dreamchaser Productions wanted to record immersive footage which could be incorporated onto a forthcoming DVD/CD-ROM release and possibly be used on the band's web site.
u2_2b.jpg

Spincam used a multi camera approach to capture 360 footage from three different positions. One camera was positioned in front of Bono on the stage, one at the back of the stage beside Larry Mullen and one in the pit in between the crowd and the platform. The mutli camera approach has resulted in stunning 360 degree footage which will be used by the band in multiple formats.
u2_3imgs.jpg

The footage will be available in the near future on U2.com and on a forthcoming DVD release.

The footage will be available in the near future on U2.com and on a forthcoming DVD release
obviously this is just a third party who worked for dreamchaser but i wouldn't rule it out. perhaps it will one day be released...

------------------
The liquid engineers left the pool heater on too long, and at night, chlorine vapors rose above the plant life of the planet, and I imagined my flesh, being inside the pool, being warm, and protected, feeling gravity, but able to mock it as I floated. Would you float with me now, if I asked you, would you jump in the pool and not even bother to strip? Could I strip you down, remove your clothing and we would fall inside the water together?

It scares me.

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 03-01-2002).]

What a massive event Slane must have been. I can't imagine what it was like to be there.

------------------
The Irish been coming here for years. Feels like they own the place.

All That You Can't Leave Behind is my album of the year! :p

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

I think it will be at the very least broadcast at some point. I dont know about a DVD release though, especially since they have already released a DVD from the same tour. The Slane concerts over the past couple of years have been broadcast at some point (Bryan Adams, Robbie Williams). These Slane shows have been shown on MTV2 and on the Trio cable network.

I guess we will just have to wait and see. It just seems like they would do something with it if they went to the trouble of putting a production staff together to film it.

Even if it ain't confirmed, the very prospect of this is very exciting... and with any luck they won't cut out mysterious ways, pride, and one this time...

THAT is the problem with the broadcasts of the other Slane shows. None of them were complete. I know the Bryan Adams show was missing 3 songs from the show (sound familiar???). So even if it is broadcast, dont expect the entire concert.

Ah my death threats must be working!
biggrin.gif

Seriously, thye better release this or else! It must be Slane2, cos that's the gig the production team were at, and in my opinion, and experience, it was much better than 1. But Slane1 was unbelievable too, I'd love it if they released that, I have seen footage of it on tv and it looks jaw droppingly amazing, and the whole "i was there in that big splatter of humans" thing still rocks, but they better better release it, my memories are taking a battering from college and....beer
tongue.gif

either way, Ally -

you were still instrumental to the GA line in Las Vegas,
and I will always be thankful for your kindness and patience.
biggrin.gif

On YouTwo.net there is an article about Edge saying that the Slane DVD would be out before Christmas. So there, it's straight from the horses mouth. Go check it out.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

im confused

but why are they releasing 2 dvds from the same era of music?

i mean if Slane is their best performance on tour and had all the production team there to film the concert for a concert movie, what is the point releasing Boston if this is the case?

we are entitled to an explanation

I think Edge was joking when he made that comment. We can always hope.

Originally posted by CrashedCarDriver:
...what is the point releasing Boston if this is the case?

Because Slane and the rest of the Elevation Tour were completely different IMO. Slane is Slane. I know that doesn't make any sense, but if you were there you'd know what I mean.
I am just hoping that the Slane DVD isn't just the 2nd night, because I wasn't there the 2nd night!!!
mad.gif
*Wants 1st night DVD, they played "A Sort of Homecoming" that night!! That's the night that should be in DVD.

------------------
Game On!

Originally posted by BEAL:
I think Edge was joking when he made that comment. We can always hope.

Ok. Did anyone watch this on TV or on the webcast? Did it look or sound like he was joking? I'm not quite ready to believe that he was being completely serious, but it's kind of a bizarre thing to joke about. I mean, he must have known how it would be portrayed in the press, so did he do it just to torture us??? Why Edge? WHY??
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Angel:
Because Slane and the rest of the Elevation Tour were completely different IMO. Slane is Slane. I know that doesn't make any sense, but if you were there you'd know what I mean.
I am just hoping that the Slane DVD isn't just the 2nd night, because I wasn't there the 2nd night!!!
mad.gif
*Wants 1st night DVD, they played "A Sort of Homecoming" that night!! That's the night that should be in DVD.

Haha, unlucky! They are definitely releasing Slane2 rather than Slane1, I'm pretty sure of that. Bono practically said so at the Hot Press Awards. And anyway, I was at both
tongue.gif
And Slane2 kicked Slane1's ass, sorry Angel!

And for all of those who are sayin it's crazy releasing it because it's the same tour as the Boston DVD, well, first of all, Slane2 has 8, yes, EIGHT possible new songs from the Boston DVD,
New Year's Day, Out Of Control, Angel Of Harlem, Staring At The Sun, All I Want is You, Mysterious Ways, Pride and One!

Secondly, it's outdoors, so it might as well be a different tour.

Thirdly it's in Slane, in Ireland, and they have never released a gig from ireland on video, and believe me, U2 gigs at home are special.

Fourthly, I was there as I said, and it was by far and away the best outta the 4 times I've seen U2, and definitely the best gig I've seen or been to, and it just walks all over Boston for atmosphere and quality.

If it happens it will definately be Slane 2. They did the extra production that night with the extra lighting and cameras. Slane 1 was only recorded with the standard tour cameras. So Slane 2 is what will be released if there is another DVD.

------------------
"Maybe you can edufisate my mind." Bono 3-30-01 soundcheck

Originally posted by CrashedCarDriver:
im confused

but why are they releasing 2 dvds from the same era of music?

i mean if Slane is their best performance on tour and had all the production team there to film the concert for a concert movie, what is the point releasing Boston if this is the case?

we are entitled to an explanation

boo hoo. i'll be happy to take what i can get.

I dunno why people assume Edge was joking.. usually people don't mention things like that at all unless they're confirmed because of the obvious rumours that will spring up.

I mean it makes sense.. it was filmed, and it's in post production. People emailed Dreamchaser and the response was that there were no current plans to release it.. well they won't jump the gun on the official announcement, so i don't see why people think ede was joking.

maybe i'm just an optimist.

Back
Top Bottom