Slane DVD show review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slane_Brain

Babyface
I have just got back from my local cinema after watching U2 live at slane, while its still resh in my mind I wilkl give you my first impressions and highlights:

From the outset the whole concert has a real 'live' feel to it, the sound is brilliant and feels really wired and

The way the pictures are edited, cutting between conventional concert footage and shakey, blurred crowd shots and panoramas gives it an energy and immediacy, it feels like you are actually there in the front row. The whole feel is different to that of the Elevation Boston DVD, I definately prefer Slane in comparison as it comes across as somehow more spontaneous and definatley more emotional.

Songs that stood out for me were:

UTEOTW- Bono and Edge duelling to the crowd was entertaining, Edges guitar sounded fantastic in this, raw and powerfull, it felt like they got into their stride here and shifted up a gear.

Wake up Dead MAN-

Yeah I just got back from seeing it at Greenwich I cant believe there was only 12 people there in the cinema - such a waste of tickets!!!

Was great though, got given a few posters cos there was hardly anyone there haha.

I loved out of control the most! :) Bono's little talk in the middle was really sweet.

I loved UTEOTW as well - fantastic guitar! :up:

oops posted this when the review was only half finished, check the finished article in the other post!!! Yup I got free posters too.

Back
Top Bottom