SLANE DVD OUT BEFORE X-MAS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sunshine State? Queensland?

------------------
20 to 40!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

if it's true

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

if it's not

Still though - would love some word on the Sydney DVD!
smile.gif

Slane is wonderful, too.

------------------
ooh eee ooh ah ah ching chang walla walla bing bang.

Oh...thought you meant the real sunshine state there.

------------------
20 to 40!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know if it was Slane 1 or Slane 2 that is going to be released?

I also noticed this on the site. I love the title of this award

Phil Lynott Newcomer Award

Phil has an award named after him. Well he deserves it. Such an amazing guy and he gave us so much great music
smile.gif

Originally posted by UV2001:
Do you know if it was Slane 1 or Slane 2 that is going to be released?

Slane2
smile.gif

And you're spot on about the Phil Lynott award, the man should have a statue in O' Connell Street! And don't forget the Rory Gallagher award, another legend rightly immortalised!

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Slane2
smile.gif

And you're spot on about the Phil Lynott award, the man should have a statue in O' Connell Street! And don't forget the Rory Gallagher award, another legend rightly immortalised!

Phil is supposed to be getting a statue put up just off O'Connell Street. I don't know when though. I didn't notice the Rory Gallagher one but what you said is true

Damn I hoped it would be Slane 1 because I was at that one and tried to get a video of it but couldn't find any. Oh well Ive got the cd and atleast it's the same venue
smile.gif

Originally posted by OzAurora:
I better go out and buy a DVD player- am I the last person in the world who dosnt own one of these????

I don't have one either.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Originally posted by Wowy23:
??

JOKE

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

Lazyboy, wasn?t Slane 2 on telly earlier on this year?

I wish I could see Slane 1, but I doubt it and I know there were no cameras

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by AM:

Slane 2 was never broadcast. In Ireland the TV listings indicated it would be broadcast in January but that ended up being a broadcast of the Boston DVD instead.

Originally posted by AM:

There were cameras. Tonnes of them. I read somewhere there were 20 of them. Obviously I had better things to consentrate on at Slane 1 than how many cameras there were but there was a big tower and some site said there were 20 cameras

PLease let it be Slane 1 - A Sort of Homecoming is one of my favourites, it would be so lush to see an Elevation concert with that in it.

Allthough Slane 2 has out of Control.

------------------
Watch More TV, ITs your world you can change it, taste is the enemy of art, Every thing you know if wrong, mock the devil, and he will flee from thee
www.geocities.com/nshaikspike/evil.html

both shows were taped, although i think there were more cameras at Slane 2 (from what people have told me). however, i know that the girl who danced with Bono at Slane 1 during "Mysterious Ways" was asked to sign a release form after she got off stage. so...

i have a feeling the DVD will be mostly Slane 2, with parts of Slane 1 substituted in. (ie, Bono might not want to release the Mysterious Ways from Slane 2, when he dances with his daughter.)

even though i'd love to see Slane 1, i just hope we get *something*!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I don't have one either.

Neither do I!
redface.gif

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

You never know, but I will believe a Slane DVD release when I see it. U2 band members say all kinds of things then the group changes its mind and they never happen. Releasing two shows (Boston and Slane) which were less than 3 months apart is something U2 just doesn't do. The only market for two DVDs from the same tour is . . . us. And fans like us are not particularly numerous from a commercial perspective.

If they were going to do stadiums I suppose it could be an effective marketing tool.

But I still doubt it.

Originally posted by sv:
You never know, but I will believe a Slane DVD release when I see it. U2 band members say all kinds of things then the group changes its mind and they never happen. Releasing two shows (Boston and Slane) which were less than 3 months apart is something U2 just doesn't do. The only market for two DVDs from the same tour is . . . us. And fans like us are not particularly numerous from a commercial perspective.

If they were going to do stadiums I suppose it could be an effective marketing tool.

But I still doubt it.

There ain't much reason to doubt it now though. Bono and the Edge both said it is coming out, Bono has even said he has seen the finished article and it looks amazing(Slane2) and in regards sales I'd say it'd sell more than Boston if anything, Slane itself has a huge interest from music fans worldwide, and as you said, us, and I believe there are quite a few U2 fans!

And anyway, the whole "it's the same tour as the DVD they released from a show that was on within 3 months of Slane" thing shouldn't count cos Slane was special, it was outdoors so pretty different than Boston, totally in relation to the atmosphere, there is a possible 8 different songs than Boston, and they have never released a video of any live show in Ireland before, so they gotta!
smile.gif

I wasn't aware that both Bono and the Edge confirmed this. I admit I'm still skeptical, but much less so than before!

Back
Top Bottom