slane dvd at u2swisshome.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artinis1

The Fly
from nick, what a great trailer over there,
this show looks incredible and much much better
than the boston dvd, by the way has anyone
confirmed if mysterious ways is going to be the
bonus track on the slane dvd, any info is appreciated,
i can't wait for the 18th of november

, it looks great , much better then boston show , and the fans , now this is a real crowd , u2 need to tour the whole globe

this is a real crowd as opposed to the fake crowd in boston? U2's fans are worldwide... the crowd in Tokyo is just as real as the crowd in st louis as the crowd at Slane as the crowd in Boston...

bonosloveslave said:

Liars that the DVD is out now :grumpy:

I noticed that too!

That was so cool to watch! I just got my Propaganda book today so that will take my mind off of the dvd for a while! I can't wait until it comes out. :D

Last edited:
artinis1 said:
by the way has anyone
confirmed if mysterious ways is going to be the
bonus track on the slane dvd, any info is appreciated,
i can't wait for the 18th of november

its doubtful that mysteroius ways will be on the dvd, because bonos daugheter was up dancing with him for part of the song, so you can imagine if he was reciving death threats a while back, he would like to keep his family out of things

i cant wait either :hyper: execpt its nov 17 for us aussies :hyper:

StlElevation said:
this is a real crowd as opposed to the fake crowd in boston? U2's fans are worldwide... the crowd in Tokyo is just as real as the crowd in st louis as the crowd at Slane as the crowd in Boston...
s

st louis wooooooo!!!

Ok, cool, so the concert will be complete. Obviously they did the slow motion effects and others to edit out Bono's daughter.

My question though is if anyone knows if the Influx mix intro is on the DVD, I hated the way Elevation just kicked in on the CBS special. Does anyone know if the DVD has it?

forget the slane trailer... check out that story on holosonics and their possiable work with u2 on the next tour... now THAT is cool

Dr. Pompei has been meeting with members of U2 since then to explore how the Audio Spotlight can be used in a concert environment. "They are rather innovative thinking-wise. We actually went out to the Staples Center in L.A. with some of our sound equipment so that we could do a proper acoustic assessment of the space and understand what it would take to get an Audio Spotlight to work in that kind of environment,"

really... explore the space...

Last edited:
and if I remember correctly this dvd has DTS sound too! its a bit better then your normal 5:1 surround sound! will sound are actually there! lol all hail U2!:bow:

Last edited:
The trailer was awesome. Amazon is pissing me off. They informed me my Propaganda book would ship by the 13th. They didn't tell me this when I ordered last week. Now they give me a range of Nov 20th to Dec 5th for the DVD I pre-ordered on the 21st of Oct. WTF. :madspit: What does pre-order mean if I have to wait 2 weeks after the DVD has come out. I'll go buy it from the book store and send theirs back if the keep f****** with the dates.:eyebrow:

bonosloveslave said:

From/to what? As far I as I know it will still be out on Tues Nov 18th in the U.S.....

U2newzooland.com is reporting that Universal New Zealand has pushed the release date back to Dec 1st.

I would imagine that all other places will also be delayed.

WOW this looks amazing!! :hyper: :applaud: :hyper:

StlElevation said:

yeah, exactly. 80,000 people are going to look a lot more impressive than 20,000 but it doesn't mean Boston was a crap show! :tongue:

I'm hestitating to order this from Amazon- I wonder if it'll take "too long" to deliver and I should just pick it up around here? :scratch: Although the Boston DVD sold off the shelves when it came out..

Olive I would recommend getting it off the shelves. I have nothing but praise for Amazon, but when i pre-ordered the Star Trek: Nemesis DVD it was over a week after the release date that it arrived. Mightn't have necceserily been their fault or anything but I'd say if you think you can queue up early enough go after it in your local store.

JTH

apparently they still show bonos daughter on the dvd, so i really wonder why they decided to just make it an extra track

EPandAmerica said:

U2newzooland.com is reporting that Universal New Zealand has pushed the release date back to Dec 1st.

I would imagine that all other places will also be delayed.

the aussie shop's online website still says november 16th, i guess i would have to go instore to ask for updates...i'll check tommrow

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
Olive I would recommend getting it off the shelves. I have nothing but praise for Amazon, but when i pre-ordered the Star Trek: Nemesis DVD it was over a week after the release date that it arrived. Mightn't have necceserily been their fault or anything but I'd say if you think you can queue up early enough go after it in your local store.

JTH

Thank you JTH!! :wave:

EPandAmerica said:
Oh and what is an audio spotlight? :huh:

well here is their website

http://www.holosonics.com/

this is the guy they are working with

home.left-img-joe.jpg
home.left-img-text.gif

interesting stuff, appparently you can transmit sound like a spotlight, where only people who are in the spotlight will hear the sound

at least thats what i have deferred from looking at the website of couple minutes

now how could this be used in a concert? :hmm:

ahhhh, i should of read the article first, now i see

Pompei said the Audio Spotlight was something that "really excited them [U2] -- to mimic the kind of effects that you do with lights, only with sounds -- so his [Edge's] guitar can fly by your face, for example." Or imagine the sound of an airplane taking off in the middle of "Beautiful Day" as a wave of sound, instead of a wall of sound. These effects would add spatial quality or some audio motion to the live show, in the same way a spotlight can shine on only Bono or on the entire audience.

this does have some interesting possibilities

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom