Slane DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Palace_Hero

Refugee, Note: Troll-like
The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference.
Just giving it an old dust off. Good show really, not the best but enjoyable after a while of not seeing it.

One gripe though. Streets, one of my favourite performances of it (mainly because of the AIWIY segue), but who allowed this visual to go to production? The editing is fucking ATROCIOUS, during one of the choruses it switches between totally seperate footage probably 6 or 7 times. Awful stuff and really detracts from the quality of the DVD.

Hamilton don't fuck up Vertigo DVDs like you have Slane and Boston. Sad thing is he has talent, but seems to try *too* hard.

In all i have seen(zoo tv sydney, boston dvd and sland dvd) there are many mistakes in camera positioning and zooming.
Just an observation

PAH! You think the VISUALS are bad?!

Beautiful Day...you're waiting for the chorus....knowing it's going to be great...then suddenly...

"It's a beautiful -d.." RAAAAGGEEBEOEKGEK EE!!!

a TON of cheering as they suddenly jack up the volume on the audience! WHY?! That goes for Mofo Popmart Mexico as well, one of the best performances of any U2 song EVER and the minute Edge's squealing guitar kicks in..."YAAAEHKENKENEEGEBEFA<EDPBEDLB"

WHY?! Why do they always do that?! Surely there's SOME standard volume they can stick to at all times to let you know, yes, there IS an 80,000 crowd there but no, they're not ruining the music for you. Slane soundboards are a JOY!

I thought Both DVD's were exceptionally well done. Especially the editing on Slane's "Wake Up Dead Man."

I do agree about the editing in Streets though. The only thing I really wish they would change is showing, at the beginning, when the lights just start to twirl (right before they all come on and illuminate the crowd). But Boston has a good shot of that so it's cool.

Also Out of Control at Slane was fucking insane. I'm glad I got to see that at the Atlanta Elevation 2.

Cooper2000 said:

Whats up with that, search U2 popmart DVD on yahoo, there seems to be no short supply.

I have a feeling this is exactly why the rumored DVD boxset contains Popmart Mexico, Zoo Sydney, and Red Rocks. They want to kill the bootleg market.

Also Best of 1980-1990 is rumored to be coming on DVD shortly after the boxset. Again, probably to kill bootleg demand.

I already have money set aside for these.

:madspit:

The Slane DVD rocks, and the editing is amazing.

Great job done by Hamish Hamilton, very cinematic, as a film buff I love it when he says "I'm not trying to remake Raging Bull when I'm doing this, but..." makes me laugh :)

Anyway, the entire production is much better than the Popmart one.
Gotta love both DVD's.

Palace_Hero said:
Just giving it an old dust off. Good show really, not the best but enjoyable after a while of not seeing it.

One gripe though. Streets, one of my favourite performances of it (mainly because of the AIWIY segue), but who allowed this visual to go to production? The editing is fucking ATROCIOUS, during one of the choruses it switches between totally seperate footage probably 6 or 7 times. Awful stuff and really detracts from the quality of the DVD.

Hamilton don't fuck up Vertigo DVDs like you have Slane and Boston. Sad thing is he has talent, but seems to try *too* hard.

This was my first U2 live "experience", and I have to say I was so blown away that I didn't even notice the editing! :der:

Guess I'll have to pay more attention next time. :laugh:

God Part III said:
:madspit:

The Slane DVD rocks, and the editing is amazing.

Great job done by Hamish Hamilton, very cinematic, as a film buff I love it when he says "I'm not trying to remake Raging Bull when I'm doing this, but..." makes me laugh :)

Anyway, the entire production is much better than the Popmart one.
Gotta love both DVD's.

Is it fuck.

Watch the DVD and look at how amature alot of things are. The editing itself is awful, if you deny that then you haven't got a clue what you are talking about. Look closely.

And better than PopMart? No way, PopMart Mexico is smooth and well done. Someone took their time with it (hence the massive increase in quality from the live cut). In particular there are a few AWESOME shots, off the top of my head two of the best being the Edge's jump to start Gone, and a fuckingsupercoolies shot of Bono doing the Boom Cha's in the fog.

Last edited:
Palace_Hero said:
Watch the DVD and look at how amature alot of things are. The editing itself is awful, if you deny that then you haven't got a clue what you are talking about. Look closely.

I agree completely.

Popmart is SO much better in terms of the way it's shot AND edited! A concert film is NOT supposed to make you feel sick...

Ps. Boston DVD > slane :shame:

Back
Top Bottom