Slane 2001 DVD Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
Well, all this talk of a Slane DVD had me all excited. I decided to email Dreamchaser (production co.) and see if they would share any details. They just replied stating although the Sept 1 show was filmed, there are NO immediate plans to release it.

*sigh*
frown.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

I dont know what I am more shocked at...the fact that you laughed cos the Slane DVD wont be released or the fact that you now have the same status as me!!
eek.gif

------------------

Assholes! The images I use in my head to remember the day are so distorted now every time I listen to the bootleg, due to drink and....stuff. Now in my memory it appears like a concert in space with Bono as a giant furbie and they are all really small and spiral..........I need that DVD!!!!!!

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Assholes! The images I use in my head to remember the day are so distorted now every time I listen to the bootleg, due to drink and....stuff.

haha! That cracks me up. I blame drink and stuff too lazy.

------------------

In another email to dreamchaser, Someone I know got a reply saying that there were no plans to release it at all. And that the band was quite happy with the the boston DVD and decided to pull the plug ont eh slane dvd. I trust who this came from, but you should note...I did not recieve this info personally from dreamchaser.

I don't think it'll see the light of day either, or if it does it'll just be snippets.

I was a the first Slane gig and my mate stayed on for the second one. He reckons there was loads of balls-ups by the camera men and the band's monitors were playing up etc.

Why dont they at least get ZooTV and Popmart out on DVD. This is ridiculous. They originally said Popmart would be released on DVD when it was released on video in Nov 1998! Then they said they would be released in March of last year. Still no DVD of Zoo or Popmart! I'm so pissed off I can barely see straight.

It will be broadcast at some point. I know the Trio network here in the U.S. airs the Slane show each year. They have shown Robbie Williams and Bryan Adams from the past two years. I think something similiar to that will happen. Sadly though both broadcasts of those artists were not the entire show. So U2's would probebly have some songs cut also.

The Slane show was aired on telly in Ireland in January. They always record the Slane concerts and show them on telly.

Someone must have recorded it!

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by AM:
The Slane show was aired on telly in Ireland in January.

I think if that were true, someone here would have definately known and told us, not to mention taped it.

lazyboy? mad1? bono-vox???

My guess is no, it was not aired.

I was told they didnt air the Slane show in Ireland in January. It was listed that way but it ended up being the Boston show. I have not heard from anyone that Slane has aired anywhere at this time. If it had, there would already be bootlegs out there and there are not currently.

Slane was DEFINITELY NOT aired here, yep some dumbass papers said so, but more said Boston, they were right unfortunately........

Back
Top Bottom