Slane 2 is being shown on TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtung__baby

War Child
Not sure if this has already been posted - if so - sorry!

Only in Ireland but Network 2 is showing it at 8pm on New Year Eve - hope it finds it's way to the UK soon!

Waah??! That is so cool! I wish there was some way in hell that they'd play it in the U.S.!!!! Slane!!!!

Originally posted by mocool12:
Waah??! That is so cool! I wish there was some way in hell that they'd play it in the U.S.!!!! Slane!!!!

No shit(e)!!

------------------
HEY BABY, HEY BABY- HEY !(GWEN)

Proud to be an INFIDEL

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Dammit!!!

I know someone from Ireland wants to tape it for me..

it will cost you one of those infamous butt pics
wink.gif

------------------
HEY BABY, HEY BABY- HEY !(GWEN)

Proud to be an INFIDEL

Originally posted by mocool12:

i know! i wish they would, but i'm sure they'll show it on cable, which i don't have.
frown.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
eek.gif

Aww kick ass! That is the best news in ages!! Where did ya hear this though? Dave Fanning? And why New Years Eve??? Oh well, brilliant!
biggrin.gif

SOMEBODY TAPE IT SO WE CAN CONVERT THE AUDIO...AND YOU IRISH TECH GEEKS..GET YOUR CAPTURE CARDS READY!!!!

Arun, I guarantee you there are several people that are way ahead of you on that one. There will be CD copies of it showing up on the net within a day or two of the broadcast.

Muhahahahaha! Ah come on, you yanky boys have had yer fair share, don't get greedy now
tongue.gif

I'd do what I could, but I'm more than likely gonna be able to get 2 copies or 3 at most. At best I could send and extra 1 to some1 if they were willing to make copies of it for others? (obviously it'd be handy if they had 2 VCR's that they can connect up.

But I'm sure Blueroom is right, and the DVD may even be out by then(wishful thinking at it's best)

Don't forget that any European VHS recording will be in the PAL format and unplayable on an NTSC (N American) VCR. Unless you've got an expensive dual format model.

Oh won't you stay, stay a while with your own ones....
A nice thing to be doing on New Year's Eve. I think that is very thoughtful of the Irish TV decision makers to choose that for the hundreds of people who are at home for one reason or another, on that night. Fine, fine entertainment imho (just guesssing there, I haven't seen it yet, an educated guess though)

I just watched a movie set in Ireland
smile.gif
"the Matchmaker" , that's why I'm trying to learn that song. Apologies to Van. It was such a treat to unexpectedly hear Sinead sing in the middle of that movie. You lucky ducks over there, enjoy the show.

My question is will it be the entire show? My guess is that it wont be. Still it is cool that it is being aired. It will probebly be on MTV2 or Trio in the U.S. next fall as the other Slane shows for other artists have been shown on those networks about a year after the actual event.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 11-30-2001).]

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Muhahahahaha! Ah come on, you yanky boys have had yer fair share, don't get greedy now
tongue.gif
hahaha

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Blue Room:
Arun, I guarantee you there are several people that are way ahead of you on that one. There will be CD copies of it showing up on the net within a day or two of the broadcast.

well good...just in case you guys needed a good yelling...I provided it.

yessssssssssssssssss
best news
i was in the heart.
this is giong to be so so cool

Back
Top Bottom