SLANE 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2001, 07:23 AM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 07:56 PM
SLANE 2

Does anyone know if there are still plans to show Slane 2?

Old 10-14-2001, 01:43 PM   #2
War Child

There better be!!!!!! Well, I was there, and there was far more video production presence than 1, and if they filmed it all so professionally, then it would be a waste not to show it. I'm guessing on a DVD/vid release in a month or two.

Old 10-14-2001, 01:48 PM   #3
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Local Time: 03:56 PM
I had heard that Slane 1 was going to be a DVD and Slane 2 was supposed to be brodcast on TV, but I don't know if that fell through. Now these are all just rumours keep in mind. But I will tell you from a reliable source that the girl that danced with Bono durning Mysterious Ways at Slane 1 had to sign a waiver permitting that footage to be used.... I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Old 10-14-2001, 01:51 PM   #4
War Child

Local Time: 12:56 PM
HEY LAZYBOY, ARE U THERE??????

Did you guys get together at Turks Head the night before Slane 1???? It's a long story why I couldn't make it, but I sure wish I had looking back in hindsight...we were staying only about two blocks away.....where were you at the concert? My husband and I were leaning against the plywood partition that was in front of the VIP area. It was a really good spot until RHCP came on, then it was so crowded I could hardly breathe....did you have a good group on your ETS bus? Nice bus, but our group was DEAD. I mean, no fun at all. What a drag! We were sitting by a lot of nice people though....

What was your experience??? (we didn't get back until Sept. 7, so all of the Slane threads had apparently died off....)

PS We were in your part of the country around Sept. 3 & 4....beautiful!!!!! Got to see Molydrum castle on the way back to Dublin!!!
Old 10-14-2001, 01:53 PM   #5
War Child

Local Time: 12:56 PM
oh, whoops, I meant we were sitting by a lot of nice people at the concert. The people on the bus were really no fun at all (???).

What a setting for a concert!!!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY IT WAS!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2001, 07:46 PM   #6
War Child

Hey Jezebel! Wondering where you went! Well, yes I got to Slane1 It was something else, and I was situated at the centre, just outside the second barrier, where it was most squashed! You can even see it clearly in the overhead pics how that spot was soooooooo crammed! It got so bad during the chilli's that my less tall friends bailed out! I have the whoel story wrote up if u want me to email ya it.

Got to Turks verrrrrrrrrry briefly, cause my friends weren't too pushed to stay, feckers! But I did get to meet Frog, Zoomanda, Whiteflag, Zoomerang II, Fritzy, AM, Crzy, and a few others I knew from chat, and they were all amazingly nice people, no need to exagerrate(only in a few cases )

Hmm, the ETS bus sucked bigtime, where did u get it? Ours was at Beweleys. Well, most had hangovers(ahem), nerves(ahem again), or were just a bit not so nice. Ah well, I think the gig was what we were all waiting for