Skipping Songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blueeyedgirl said:

Yep, I just felt U2 were phoning in their performance that night. I saw them in Sydney at the infamous Adam-less show and I thought they were firing more that night, possibly to make up for the absence of their bass player. :wink:

ZING!

I'd love to see video footage of that "Where's Adam" Sydney show. You know it was filmed.

I bet that one's being held onto even tighter than Point Depot....:sad:

Utoo said:
I'd love to see video footage of that "Where's Adam" Sydney show. You know it was filmed.

There is a fan-shot DVD of the "Where's Adam?" show.

Utoo said:

They've even said the show was filmed as a rehearsal, which is why they didn't cancel it.

AndrewCowley said:
Although obviously Edge has always has a mic for backing vocals and in the past Adam and Larry have had mics too (not sure why though). I've seen pictures of Larry wearing a headset with a mic on the UF tour. Anyone know which songs he was meant to have sung backup vocals to?

I have a video boot where both Larry and Adam did some backing vocals. I've even seen Adam do some token back-up vocals on the JT tour. So I guess the mike was there "just in case" Adam wanted to sing. It seems obvious that this isn't true any more. :sexywink: But at least Larry still likes some back-up vocals.

Then again, I've heard Larry sing in the ZOO TV tour. While he's not bad doing some back-up singing, it seems he sings as well as Bono plays guitar. And if the running gag is that Bono's guitar is really unplugged, then maybe for most songs, so is Larry's microphone. ;)

doctorwho said:
I've even seen Adam do some token back-up vocals on the JT tour.

I've caught him singing as late as the indoor European leg of ZooTV on Bullet The Blue Sky. Not sure if he was still participating by the time the stadium shows rolled around.

COBL_04 said:
I thought the show we were getting was the Adam-less show.

Where on earth did you get that funny impression? :huh:

Back
Top Bottom