Six Years Ago In Miami....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate Dogg

Refugee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hY_mVnBhzs

December 2, 2001: Miami, Florida.
The end of The Elevation Tour. This is still the best overall U2 concert I've been to (of seven). A magic night, to say the least. Among the highlights:An extended Beautiful Day, a rocking Out Of Control, a moving tribute to Michael Hutchence in the form of Knocking On Heaven's Door, Please, In God's Country!!!....oh yeah, and Larry played drums with Garbage! (I just wish there was a true soundboard boot of this show...I hate click tracks!)

Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, Mysterious Ways, Out of Control, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Stuck in a Moment, Kite, In God's Country, Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Please (acoustic), Bad / Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride

Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, What's Going On?, New York, One, My Sweet Lord, Walk On / 40

Comments: Larry plays drums on 'Only Happy When It Rains', the last song of Garbage's set. 'In God's Country' is complete with harmonica tonight. Bono stops to thank a bunch of people, including Sheila Roche, Paul McGuinness and Chris Blackwell before 'One'.

Wow! Sounds like an awesome show!

In God's Country :drool:
Who's Gonna Ride :drool:
Please :drool:
Garbage :drool:

Shirley Manson :combust:

:wink:

Tattoo Dan onstage for his third time during SIAM, (my now fiancee) Jesus Matt onstage playing Knockin on Heaven's Door, and I was the l lucky girl last girl/fan to be pulled up on Elevation tour.... during Bad. A great night for the diehards. And as far as shows go, still one of my tops after 49 shows over three tours.

Fyi, the "tribute" to Michael Hutchence as you called it, was really just Bono liking Matt's t-shirt...which was an old INXS shirt. That's how Michael came up during Knockin on Heaven's Door.

Melissa

I remember being there. It was awesome, just beautiful. :up:

whoa...did I just read that right? Matt (Jesus) and the Bad girl are engaged??? What are the chances? Did you two know each other before that? wow!

PS what was so awesome was when Shirley Manson said (paraphrased) to her drummer..."get the fuck off the stage, you can't play worth shit"

or something like that

and out comes Larry

I think this was the show where Larry gave Mark B. his stick...and Bono referred to Mark's "Our Church" sign..

memories...

Last edited:
gabrielvox said:
I remember being there. It was awesome, just beautiful. :up:

whoa...did I just read that right? Matt (Jesus) and the Bad girl are engaged??? What are the chances? Did you two know each other before that? wow!

PS what was so awesome was when Shirley Manson said (paraphrased) to her drummer..."get the fuck off the stage, you can't play worth shit"

or something like that

and out comes Larry

I think this was the show where Larry gave Mark B. his stick...and Bono referred to Mark's "Our Church" sign..

memories...

we met outside the pre-tour irving plaza show. we were friends on elevation, so it meant a lot when the three of us (we are close w/dan too) got onstage that night. it was my fourth time being picked by bono to dance. i bellydanced when i was 17 in tampa, so i truly understood matt's dream of playing being realized at such a young age....and how much that meant to him.

we lost contact for a while, but like all u2 friends who've lost contact, we found each other at a show! it happened to be somewhere around the brooklyn bridge! :wink: we started dating. he proposed during all i want is you in hawaii. the rest...is history! :love:

Back
Top Bottom