Since when have U2 been "Best Of British"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ecowboy

Babyface
MTV2 in the UK/Ireland seem to think so - they've just shown the NY Jammed show, with intros before and after ad breaks with a graphic "Best of ...."

Disgraceful - a stongly worded email is in order I think!!!

they've won brit awards in the past for best british band or something like that. i forget the exact title. given that they didn't protest the brit awards and refuse to go onstage because of that, i doubt they'd be offended by this.

besides, you forget half the band were born in england!

Since when were they best of British? Since they became successful and everyone wanted to claim the band as their own, of course.

Yes, I say that just because I'm sick of Australia claiming Crowded House when they are quite clearly a Kiwi group.

I thought they win a bunch of best international artist awards in the Brits.

If I read some documents correctly, technically Adam may no longer be considered a British citizen, even though he was born in England.

He applied for Irish citizenship, *this info comes from a fansite, so it's not official or anything*

But, if he did that, he can lose the citizenship from his original country of birth.

Edge I don't know, haven't read if he actually applied for Irish citizenship.

In America, if you apply for American citizenship you can lose the citizenship of the country you were born in.

Of course it matters, to the Irish anyway.
Winners of 5 Best INTERNATIONAL Group at the Brits, nominated again this year, as well as for an NME Brat for international group.
In fact all 4 are Irish citizens.
I'd like to give MTV the benefit of the doubt.....

British when your winning, Irish when your losing...!

Am Irish but live in London and to be honest, a lot of my English friends see Ireland as really British but Irish.. if you know what I mean. Everyone will support Ireland as their second team after England, some sort of special affinity that isn't necessarily reciprocated...

Back
Top Bottom