Since the Beatles have Let It Be Naked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
why cant u2 do something with something from the 90s record where we hear nothing but the band

i'd love to hear Achtung Baby, Zooropa or Pop totally stripped down to its bare essentials in hearing how it does sound like the day the band composed and or recorded it without playing around with it

don't start that , cause in the end , it all goes down to ATYCLB vs 90's vs 80's vs etc etc

as for the naked let it be , i prefer the original , don't cheat with history

It would be cool to hear any of those as stripped-down rock albums. The coolest would be Zooropa, but i don't see that happening since most of the songs main elements are made up from electronics.

WinnieThePoo said:
don't start that , cause in the end , it all goes down to ATYCLB vs 90's vs 80's vs etc etc

as for the naked let it be , i prefer the original , don't cheat with history

ahh but this is history.. this is the original form of those songs.
The traditional Let It Be album is not The Beatles, it's Spectorfied.

Yeah there's a big difference. Beatles recorded and then Phil Specor added everything afterwards.

U2 used these elements in the writing process, it's part of the original.

I think U2 beat The Beatles to the whole "naked' thing when they stripped down the POP songs for the new Best of and when they put Adam on the cover of Achtung Baby.. Oh yeah, where was I.

I think the obvious choice would be to want to hear POP without all the bells and whistles.

no , let it be with spector is a history , it was their business , and they let him do it , and it wasn't that bad , still idea is cute , now we got some new versions of those oldies . as for the whistles , i guess some people just don't like when a band tries to improve the sound , add new instruments and write some very very good freakin tunes , and that's sad

flaming june said:

Where did you get that idea? :rolleyes:

perhaps from the fact that you celebrate a holiday known as "Moob day"

larry.gif

:rolleyes::madspit::combust:

Back
Top Bottom