Simple poll to determine which album has more supporters here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which album do you personally prefer?

• Pop

Votes: 87 48.6%
  • ATYCLB

Votes: 61 34.1%
  • Neither. I like them both equally.

Votes: 31 17.3%

• Total voters
Zootlesque said:

I love how Pop sounds like a total wreck. It accurately captures the ball of confusion and madness that this world is.

I, too, love that aspect of Pop--it's why I can appreciate it so much--but it's also why I can only listen to it sporadically. It's such a downer of an album that if I'm in the mood to listen to it, it's wonderful.....but I need to be in the mood for it.

Axver said:
Ha, I love how Pop has more votes than ATYCLB and "I like them both equally" combined right now. I didn't expect this to be such a walkover.
you've been a member of this forum since 2003 and you didn't expect this? :eyebrow:
that's about 20,000 times more surprising than the outcome of this poll

the only things that pains me more than the lack of taste in this forum is the lack of objectivity and the absolutely insane reasoning as to what would make music a good listen

to each his/her own though

Axver said:

:drool: Is an amazing song by Opeth featuring Steven Wilson. :drool:

well, actually i was referring to Utoo's comment and the review in Q magazine at the time pop came out. it just had "BLEAK" written in LARGE capital letters as headline. :wink:

Salome said:
you've been a member of this forum since 2003 and you didn't expect this? :eyebrow:
that's about 20,000 times more surprising than the outcome of this poll

I'd disagree with that assessment. Sure, there are some very vocal Pop fans here, but I've gotten the general impression that the average Interferencer, the kind of person who comes here semi-regularly and posts a bit but doesn't fancy joining a flame war, leans more towards ATYCLB. I think past polls have revealed that. If I remember correctly, when we've done things like Album Survivor, ATYCLB has fared just as well as Pop. I didn't expect a walkover like this. Pop winning, yes, but with more votes than the other two options combined? No.

so far 127 people voted
even if 95% of the allegedly 50,000 forum would consist out of alters and people who never frequent this place then 50% of 127 votes could still just be the vocal minority ?
at least it doesn't surprise me no

well, considering that atyclb has sold 2x the amount of pop it wouldnt surprise me at all, either. maybe the pop kids just feel that they need to win these kinds of polls to talk up pop even further?

One vote from a Pop fan "who doesn't have any taste" and "who needs to talk up Pop in threads like this"

Sheesh!

Votin' for Pop anyway:madspit:

Zootlesque said:

Can you tell I'm bored at work?

Just out of curiosity...have you tried asking your boss for something more challenging?:eyebrow: :wink:

I voted for both.

Re: Re: Simple poll to determine which album has more supporters here!

kimby said:
Just out of curiosity...have you tried asking your boss for something more challenging?:eyebrow: :wink:

Yes I have. And it hasn't worked. :sigh:

But all that may change very soon as I am this close to getting a different job.

EL!E!VA!TION!

Err, no. Another vote for Pop.

MrBrau1 said:
Pop is the album for trendy, hipster folk.

Okay, just for once can you stop searching for high fives from the kids off one line shots and humour us with a bit of the substance behind your thinking? Why on earth do you thinks its the U2 album for trendy/hipster folk?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffoooooooooooooooooooooooo

talk about pop music
pop pop pop pop pop pop

and what about the 12 million people that bought atyclb as opposed to the 6 million that bought pop, they dont count? :wink:

Earnie Shavers said:
EL!E!VA!TION!

Err, no. Another vote for Pop.

Okay, just for once can you stop searching for high fives from the kids off one line shots and humour us with a bit of the substance behind your thinking? Why on earth do you thinks its the U2 album for trendy/hipster folk?

I've explained this before.

Infact, I've explained this to you before.

All the talk of how people want U2 to "fuck off the mainstream and just do what they like" then list Pop as a favorite album is laughable.

Pop was/is a trend jumping album of epic scale.

No different than the Stones or the Grateful Dead playing actual Disco music in the 70's.

It was/is the most the most uncomfortable U2 record because it tries to fit in more than any other. Oh, it's clever, it doesn't look at the mainstream, it looks at what was "supposed" to be the next big thing and tries to gain off it.

Electronica/whateveryouwannacallit was THE hipster douche bag underground sound of 96-97. All the hipsters loved it. U2 tried to join that bandwagon.

MrBrau1 said:

All the talk of how people want U2 to "fuck off the mainstream and just do what they like" then list Pop as a favorite album is laughable.

No different than the Stones or the Grateful Dead playing actual Disco music in the 70's.

It was/is the most the most uncomfortable U2 record because it tries to fit in more than any other. Oh, it's clever, it doesn't look at the mainstream, it looks at what was "supposed" to be the next big thing and tries to gain off it.

Electronica/whateveryouwannacallit was THE hipster douche bag underground sound of 96-97. All the hipsters loved it. U2 tried to join that bandwagon.

You are right.

They even admitted to it!

I did write out one of my ten paragraph rants, but I'm going to have to leave it alone and put it all down to personal opinion. Brau, cool if you can dismiss the sound on Pop as nothing more than a bandwagon jumping hipster wank job, and therefore it's completely fine for those who dismiss the Bomb as nothing more than a generic watered down commercial sell out wank job. In a sense you both believe the same thing. One side thinks U2 hit a creative wall in 1997, the other thinks they hit it in 2000. Both of your camps annoy the shit out of me.

Zootlesque said:

I don't have any theory or anything. But this poll seems to be in agreeance with U2girl's thoughts that there are more POP fans in this forum than that for ATYCLB.

I was saying Pop fans were overly defensive compared to ATYCLB ones, not that there are more of them.

Of course, the poll result is not surprising. Pop would probably win against anything, except AB and maybe JT on a good day.

This poll is unfair...POP and ATYCLB are my two favourite U2 albums:(

MrBrau1 said:

:drool:

MrBrau1 said:

But how do you really feel. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom