Simple minds/ Bono.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I originally got into Simple Minds because of the resemblance to U2. Jim Kerr sounds more like Bono than any other singer. They are also good friends and have duetted together. I've since discovered that there are plenty of differences between Simple Minds and U2, and I like U2 much more, but Simple Minds have some amazing music.

Belfast Child is one of my favourite Minds songs. It is so beautiful. It's based on a traditional folk song. I went to a figure skating show a while back where one of the skaters skated to that song, and I was so blown away. It was an unusual and beautiful choice.

------------------
So wind blow through to my heart
So wind blow through my soul

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 11-02-2001).]

Always liked Simple Minds, my husband is from Italy, and they are VERY well loved there and in Europe more than in the states, so when I lived in Italy they would sell out stadiums and such, it was funny cuz, about maybe 7ish years ago we actually got to see Simple Minds perform at The Edge in Mountain View, California, it's a small club of about 3 thousand???
it was awesome!
I always thought they were very similar to U2 in many ways!

Originally posted by U2SJ:
Always liked Simple Minds, my husband is from Italy, and they are VERY well loved there and in Europe more than in the states, so when I lived in Italy they would sell out stadiums and such, it was funny cuz, about maybe 7ish years ago we actually got to see Simple Minds perform at The Edge in Mountain View, California, it's a small club of about 3 thousand???
it was awesome!
I always thought they were very similar to U2 in many ways!

Wow, that must have been great. Details? I'd like to hear a bit about that show--what did they play, what was it like??

I think Italy is the only place now where they are really big, or at least they were recently.

------------------
So wind blow through to my heart
So wind blow through my soul

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom