Similar to Mofo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hornbag

The Fly
Anyone know any songs similar to Mofo? I love the pumping bassline and weird guitar and now I've got this urge to listen to more stuff like it, U2 or not.

zoopop said:
To be honest I've never heard a song like Mofo :huh: . Maybe something from Prodigy.

Hmmmmm. Maybe Off-thread, but Prodigy realy is overrated. I hate when people think that they were the band who made dance music more accepted and big.

The Shamen, Orb, Orbital, 808 State and KLF should have the credit for that.

The Stone Roses - Begging You

Very similar.

Peterrrrr said:

Hmmmmm. Maybe Off-thread, but Prodigy realy is overrated. I hate when people think that they were the band who made dance music more accepted and big.

The Shamen, Orb, Orbital, 808 State and KLF should have the credit for that.

I love Prodigy . They are great to workout to. Great songs.

Mind Fields:drool:

Kasabian is a great band that you gotta check out if you like mofo. The cd is self-titled - 'Kasabian'. Club Foot, Reason is Treason, Processed Beats, and Lost Souls Forever are my favorite tracks. Very mofo-esque! :up:

Ifeelnumb84 said:

I never thought about that one, but I definitely see the similarities.

Especially when you compare these ooooo-OOOOOOOOOO!!!'s to Bono's MOOOOOFOOOOO!!! (from the live version). Also both songs base on a characteristic, heavy rhythm. No surprise that Bono called Mofo the "Led Zeppelin of 25th century" in one of the more recents interviews.

mofo82 said:
Kasabian is a great band that you gotta check out if you like mofo. The cd is self-titled - 'Kasabian'. Club Foot, Reason is Treason, Processed Beats, and Lost Souls Forever are my favorite tracks. Very mofo-esque! :up:

Forgot about Kasabian, good comparison. :up:

mofo82 said:

The hidden track remix of Reason Is Treason is pure :drool:
(if you fast forward the last track U Boat you'll find it - only on some versions though)

It's not exactly 100% similar, but I always found that Radiohead's "Idioteque" goes very well with Mofo.

U2mixer said:

The hidden track remix of Reason Is Treason is pure :drool:
(if you fast forward the last track U Boat you'll find it - only on some versions though)

I love Kasabian! I bought the album ages ago but never noticed the similarity. But now it's been pointed out, it's kinda obvious :wink:

Back
Top Bottom