Silver and Gold vs Silver and Gold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Which do you prefer?

The 1985 original with Bono, Keith Richards and Ron Wood or the 1987 B-side?

There is another version of Silver And Gold??? :ohmy:

I must have it. :drool:

edit: I only know the RAH version.

I think the Bside but both are ok.I just hate that live version from Rattle and Hum, that speech makes me cringe so much....

There are three versions...Sun City,Streets B-side, and Rattle and Hum(live). None of them are my favorite. If I had to pick a least favorite U2 song...this might win...Just doesn't do anything for me...

Nate Dogg said:
There are three versions...Sun City,Streets B-side, and Rattle and Hum(live). None of them are my favorite. If I had to pick a least favorite U2 song...this might win...Just doesn't do anything for me...

Yes, but I think the B-side and live version are quite similar.

I like both versions, maybe a slight edge to the B-side for IMO the better vocal from Bono.

only ever heard the B side and rattle and hum version , neevr knew there was a 1985 version

"Edge, play the blues!"

There's a great moment in the RAH outtakes in the middle of the song, after Bono goes off about the sanctions against South Africa, where he says, "Have you had enough of a rock'n'roll singer who takes himself too seriously?" A great wink to acknowledge that he's gone on a bit too long. Too bad it didn't make it into the movie -- could have softened his image a bit.

nathan1977 said:
"Have you had enough of a rock'n'roll singer who takes himself too seriously?" A great wink to acknowledge that he's gone on a bit too long.

Also perhaps the first clue that ZOO TV was coming!!! :ohmy:

Am I bugging you? Don't mean to bug ya. R&H version, definitely. Live version from San Fran 1987-11-11 is good too.

Back
Top Bottom