Sigur R?s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SailorJi_2

The Fly
Just wondering if any of you u2 fans also enjoy Sigur Ros?? A friend lent me their copy of "?g?tis Byrjun", and i must say, it's the most beautiful music i've ever heard. It's like a cross between bjork, coldplay, and radiohead. It's just so absolutely beautiful to listen to.

I encourage everybody to hear this band!! MY GOD!

------------------
"The world is often a wicked place, when you look around, but it's also full of beauty...and beauty is the consolation prize really...and we just have to find more of it and we have to look for it in unexpected places...its not just in those fashion spreads,
that's not real beauty...There is beauty to be found in everyday things."
?Bono
http://home.pacbell.net/sylviaji/

I love this album - and I like Radiohead and Coldplay as well, but, to be honest, I don't like Bj?rk at all...

------------------
Take the money and run

yeah, i bought this album last week and it is refreshingly beautiful...dreamlike actually. the album artwork frekas me out but i highly recommend that album to anyone casually interested.

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

I've had it for a while, it's pretty good. Not for everyone though.

I really really like Flugufrelsarinn...

... but I find the rest of the album a little bit too mellow.

The singer's voice is great though

------------------
In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

I like some of their stuff. Right now their video to "Vi?rar vel til loft?r?sa" is shown on tv all the time. Brilliant song.

I especially like the way he plays his guitar (with a bow). It sounds really cool and exiting.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Back
Top Bottom