Shouldn't Zooropa and Babyface been released as singles ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
So I was actually re-discovering , discovering actually Zooropa coz it was the 1st time I actually heard it the cd , and how amazing these both sounded , Babyface particularly coz I hadn't really payed much attention to it , and it sounded awesome , it's a great underrated undernoticed song , Great Basslines which recalls like WOWY , it could've been a very good single .... It's curious how it's a very forgotten song even for Zooropa fans

People of course praise a lot Stay , but I think sometimes First time and also Babyface could also the be 'emotional ' highlights of Zooropa ....

Maybe just Zooropa, since there were few radio promotionals around there with the 2nd and 3rd sections. Babyface could be a great single too. But only should pick one of these.

Zooropa should have had 3 real singles at least.

GibsonGirl said:
Babyface is crap. Zooropa, on the other hand, is genius.

:up:

The picked the best possible songs for single releases, so I have no gripes there.

Zooropa was great. Babyface absolutely sucked. Most of the Zooropa album sucked.

Zooropa the song thogh is Top Ten material. Brilliant.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
seeing as i consider babyface to be the single worst song u2 has ever recorded, i'm gonna go with no

:love:

Zooropa is genius, but I'd rather it be an untouched gem. It would have been ruined by non-U2 fans claiming about how "weird" the band has gotten.

Zooropa actually has the potential to sound decent in radio edit form, unlike most other songs. It could have worked. Hell, if Numb and Lemon could chart, Zooropa definitely could!

I think most people recognise Babyface is crap and it would've gone nowhere, though.

Zooropa is just a badly engineered attempt to weld three songs together. THE most overrarted U2 song ever. :down: :down:

As for Babyface; well it's just a lazy pop song IMO. The type of filler that makes you wish Zooropa remained an EP.

I like both. Bobyface is a bit weak in single terms but i quite like the fact that U2 didn't release Zooropa as a single.

Bah, "Zooropa" was a single..........radio promo, did well.........just because you can't buy it in stores, doesn't mean it wasn't a single.

"Babyface" is a cool tune, but what radio format in the US would play it?

BigMacPhisto said:
Bah, "Zooropa" was a single..........radio promo, did well.........just because you can't buy it in stores, doesn't mean it wasn't a single.

Not many US played massively the Zooropa singles ("Numb" didn't chart in the Hot 100, "Lemon" was #71 (?) and "Stay" #61).
If at the time US radios aired Radiohead's "Creep", they could easily air too "Babyface" than is even more catchier and "pop" than that one.

i don't think any of them would have done well as singles.

babyface is a weak song.

zooropa is a masterpiece, but it wouldn't have caught the attention of the general public.

BigMacPhisto said:

So, by your logic of radio promo = single, Salome and UTEOTW were singles too?

There is a distinction.

BigMacPhisto said:

I thought a single must had at least a video

Back
Top Bottom