Should we make "The Captain" official?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
I really never got the whole story on this, but we know of Bono dressing up as "The Captain" with the jacket and hat for the first Vertigo encore.

Should we make it official, like The Fly, Mirrorball man and MacPhisto?

Captain? I thought he looked more like a railway conductor, which would suit Zoo Station.

And I don't think Bono was intending to create an alternate persona like he did with The Fly, Mirrorball Man, and MacPhisto.

I dunno, The Fly, Mirrorball Man, and Mr. MacPhisto were all full personalities. Captian Bono is mostly just Bono in a new outfit. I mean... what about the PopMart Bubble suit? If we make Captian Bono "Official", then we'd have to make Bubble Bono official too, or something.

If you ask me, he looks more like a soviet commander or a nazi :shrug: Especially his acting says so (salute, goose-steps) It also makes sense with the whole "zoo-communism" theme.

Last edited:
Axver said:
Captain? I thought he looked more like a railway conductor, which would suit Zoo Station.

And I don't think Bono was intending to create an alternate persona like he did with The Fly, Mirrorball Man, and MacPhisto.

:yes:

I thought the Captain remark had to do with something I read in an interview with Bono somewhere about Edge's guitar sounding like Captain Beefheart -- hence the, "Turn it up there, Captain!"

Don't know...

I'd say Conductor, that way he can join the ranks of George Carlin and Adam Baldwin

(somebody has to photoshop the three of them together with Thomas the Tank Engine!!!) :wink:

bono_sgtpepper.jpg

http://www.marlboroughday.com/MARCHING BAND.JPG

Back
Top Bottom