Should U2 have waited?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it was a good thread. a little controversial perhaps, but we could have had some fine discussions in there.

U2Man said:
it was a good thread. a little controversial perhaps, but we could have had some fine discussions in there.

I didn't mean to get it closed. :hug:

Anyway, you have 2 other threads open on the first page! :eyebrow:

Zootlesque said:

I didn't mean to get it closed. :hug:

Anyway, you have 2 other threads open on the first page! :eyebrow:

It's not my fault that everyone keeps posting in my threads :shrug:

craigp said:

anyway, like the person said before, the cd was to end the contract with island records (they were signed for 3 GREATEST HITS albums). as for the book :shrug:

Yea but still, why can't they just release the 3rd greatest hit in 2010 as the "U2 Best of 2000-2010?"

But I have one doubt: does the contract specified 3 greatest hits or it just said it had to be 3 compilations ?

Well, if it was the second option... why U218? Couldn't they have released (physically) a compilation of Rare And Unreleased stuff as they did with i-tunes? I'm sure that a 2 disc compilation of stuff that nobody knew yet from U2 would sell as much as The Best Of 1990-2000.

Infinitum98 said:

Yea but still, why can't they just release the 3rd greatest hit in 2010 as the "U2 Best of 2000-2010?"

Because they left Island early? :shrug:

Besides 2000-2010 Best of is looking weak already: 4 ATYCLB were used for U2:18, as were two Bomb songs.

Back
Top Bottom