Should U2 Abandon HTDAAB And Record A New Album Immediately? - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-13-2005, 11:09 PM   #121
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: gone
Posts: 17,902
Local Time: 03:04 PM
hey jick can you repost a link of your wowy-md mix?
__________________

Chizip is offline  
Old 03-14-2005, 12:43 PM   #122
Refugee
 
bcrt2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,271
Local Time: 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jick


Wait til I make the Crumbs Walk On mix or the Yahweh/One Tree Hill/Streets mix - they should be all forthcoming. Or even the Mercy - Flock Of SeaGulls mix.

Cheers,

J
you know what, its fair. its fair to try to dismantle u2's music and all. but do you really feel that people gain something out of this? that you'll get constructive criticism which will help further people's understanding of music? i want your honest opinon.
__________________

bcrt2000 is offline  
Old 03-14-2005, 07:24 PM   #123
Refugee
 
jick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,054
Local Time: 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bcrt2000


you know what, its fair. its fair to try to dismantle u2's music and all. but do you really feel that people gain something out of this? that you'll get constructive criticism which will help further people's understanding of music? i want your honest opinon.
This is a free world and I am free to remix U2's music as I so choose. A few fans have seen value in my mixes and I am humbled by that. I don't think anything is wrong with mixing two U2 songs together. So what I gain is just that I get to contribute to provide the fans some ear candy.

Cheers,

J
jick is offline  
Old 03-14-2005, 07:26 PM   #124
Refugee
 
jick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,054
Local Time: 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
hey jick can you repost a link of your wowy-md mix?
There is a thread where I posted it so just check there.

Cheers,

J
jick is offline  
Old 03-14-2005, 07:31 PM   #125
Refugee
 
FullonEdge2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,314
Local Time: 09:04 PM
No, I don't think it's time to abandon HTDAAB. It's a classic and should be promoted as one.

However, I will surely be ready for a new one by the first half of 2006
FullonEdge2 is offline  
Old 03-14-2005, 10:36 PM   #126
Refugee
 
bcrt2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,271
Local Time: 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FullonEdge2
No, I don't think it's time to abandon HTDAAB. It's a classic and should be promoted as one.

However, I will surely be ready for a new one by the first half of 2006
AB was a classic and they could have made UTEOTW a single, but they cut short AB's promotion for Zooropa.. I hope HTDAAB gets at least 5 singles, but i'm also hoping for a quick next album

in all honestly, i really wish they didn't release levitate, love you like mad, smile, beautiful ghost and xanax and wine as rare tracks because they'd make a great basis for the next album (and actually still could-- most non-hardcore fans haven't heard any of the rare tracks and probably the same goes for fast cars)... love you like mad really could be a hit single if they tune it up some more.. i say bring back the producers of ab/zooropa/pop and kind of bring the band back in that direction without making an AB clone
bcrt2000 is offline  
Old 03-14-2005, 10:43 PM   #127
Refugee
 
FullonEdge2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,314
Local Time: 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bcrt2000


AB was a classic and they could have made UTEOTW a single, but they cut short AB's promotion for Zooropa.. I hope HTDAAB gets at least 5 singles, but i'm also hoping for a quick next album

in all honestly, i really wish they didn't release levitate, love you like mad, smile, beautiful ghost and xanax and wine as rare tracks because they'd make a great basis for the next album (and actually still could-- most non-hardcore fans haven't heard any of the rare tracks and probably the same goes for fast cars)... love you like mad really could be a hit single if they tune it up some more.. i say bring back the producers of ab/zooropa/pop and kind of bring the band back in that direction without making an AB clone

Yeah, I'm not sure why they chose this period in time to release all the rare tracks, especially when some of them could have been revamped into great tracks. I think some of them were out of the question of being worked on again though. Beautiful Ghost was from the Joshua Tree sessions.
__________________

FullonEdge2 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com