Should U2 Abandon HTDAAB And Record A New Album Immediately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jick said:

Wait til I make the Crumbs Walk On mix or the Yahweh/One Tree Hill/Streets mix - they should be all forthcoming. Or even the Mercy - Flock Of SeaGulls mix.

Cheers,

J

you know what, its fair. its fair to try to dismantle u2's music and all. but do you really feel that people gain something out of this? that you'll get constructive criticism which will help further people's understanding of music? i want your honest opinon.

bcrt2000 said:

you know what, its fair. its fair to try to dismantle u2's music and all. but do you really feel that people gain something out of this? that you'll get constructive criticism which will help further people's understanding of music? i want your honest opinon.

This is a free world and I am free to remix U2's music as I so choose. A few fans have seen value in my mixes and I am humbled by that. I don't think anything is wrong with mixing two U2 songs together. So what I gain is just that I get to contribute to provide the fans some ear candy.

Cheers,

J

No, I don't think it's time to abandon HTDAAB. It's a classic and should be promoted as one.

However, I will surely be ready for a new one by the first half of 2006:wink:

FullonEdge2 said:
No, I don't think it's time to abandon HTDAAB. It's a classic and should be promoted as one.

However, I will surely be ready for a new one by the first half of 2006:wink:

AB was a classic and they could have made UTEOTW a single, but they cut short AB's promotion for Zooropa.. I hope HTDAAB gets at least 5 singles, but i'm also hoping for a quick next album

in all honestly, i really wish they didn't release levitate, love you like mad, smile, beautiful ghost and xanax and wine as rare tracks because they'd make a great basis for the next album (and actually still could-- most non-hardcore fans haven't heard any of the rare tracks and probably the same goes for fast cars)... love you like mad really could be a hit single if they tune it up some more.. i say bring back the producers of ab/zooropa/pop and kind of bring the band back in that direction without making an AB clone

bcrt2000 said:

AB was a classic and they could have made UTEOTW a single, but they cut short AB's promotion for Zooropa.. I hope HTDAAB gets at least 5 singles, but i'm also hoping for a quick next album

in all honestly, i really wish they didn't release levitate, love you like mad, smile, beautiful ghost and xanax and wine as rare tracks because they'd make a great basis for the next album (and actually still could-- most non-hardcore fans haven't heard any of the rare tracks and probably the same goes for fast cars)... love you like mad really could be a hit single if they tune it up some more.. i say bring back the producers of ab/zooropa/pop and kind of bring the band back in that direction without making an AB clone

Yeah, I'm not sure why they chose this period in time to release all the rare tracks, especially when some of them could have been revamped into great tracks. I think some of them were out of the question of being worked on again though. Beautiful Ghost was from the Joshua Tree sessions.

Back
Top Bottom