should the best of album be 2 cd's like Depeche Mode's GH or 1 disc only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soctheo

The Fly
I really like the concept of putting all the singles u2 have released between 1990 - 2000 on 2 discs

It worked really well for Depeche mode on the singles collection 1986-98. they have remixed alot of their singles and it was nice to have them all in one collection. they also seem to release 4 to 5 singles per album like u2 so maybe U2 should just put out a double disc to ensure that they put out a comprehensive set with everything that everyone wants........

U2 have also done alot of soundtrack work and the passengers project so this would allow songs like Your Blue Room, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Miss Sarajevo, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Night and Day, and maybe a bside or two like Holy Joe or Lady With THe spinning head remix to be included.

It would be nice to have the remixes of please, last night on earth, who's gonna ride, and if god would send on one collection too since singles are hard to find....... A one disc GH wouldn't provide the opportunity to include all of these.

what do u guys think... 1 disc with the highlights or 2 with everything......

I would love it. But the only problem is that it could be looked at as cheapening their 80's material because it only got one disk.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Actually , it could be a great idea of releasing such compilations like :
Double CD U2 Singles 1979-1990 , Double CD U2 Singles 1991-2001 , Triple CD U2 B-sides 1980-2001 , and bonus Double( or 4cd ) live CD U2 1980-2001 , i'm sure this stuff could have awesome sellings in cd-shops

the only problem is that the general buying public will be less likely to buy a two-CD set than just one CD. plus, the CD and B-sides was a great idea for both the crazy fanatic and for someone who would want more than just the basic U2 greatest hits.

Back
Top Bottom