Should I be worried on Tuesday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fritz

The Fly
Tuesday, November 5th, U2 The Best of 1990-2000, LMD. Editon. Should i be worried that when i get to Circuit City (At, oh say 3:30) they will be sold out and I will be jiped. Do you think it is a good idea to pre order on Amazom or somthing, I just really want the 3 cd's!!! Ah ha!

Cheers,
fritz

Ideally, we want them to sell out. But, I wouldn't count on it. You'll probably be fine.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it, you'll have to wait a few days for it anyway if you order from an online site. Target will have it for $14.99, I think that is what Best Buy will have it for, it's in KMart's ad, I'm guessing Meijer will have it available at midnight (late Monday night). So since you're in Kalamazoo, one of those has got to be nearby if your first planned stop is Circuit City and they happen to be sold out.
Good luck! :wave:

Last edited:
bonosloveslave said:
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it, you'll have to wait a few days for it anyway if you order from an online site. Target will have it for $14.99, I think that is what Best Buy will have it for, it's in KMart's ad, I'm guessing Meijer will have it available at midnight (late Monday night). So since you're in Kalamazoo, one of those has got to be nearby if your first planned stop is Circuit City and they happen to be sold out.
Good luck! :wave:

You know Michigan pretty well. hahahaha, i think there are like 7 or 8 stores in a half mile radius that would have it, shesh, i feel dumb now.

Cheers,
fritz

Fritz said:

You know Michigan pretty well. hahahaha, i think there are like 7 or 8 stores in a half mile radius that would have it, shesh, i feel dumb now.

Cheers,
fritz

Hey, don't feel dumb, I'm the idiot that's gonna check out probly 5 different places to make sure I'm getting it for the cheapest price, and likely waste any savings I'd get on the cd on wasted gas instead. :shrug: :der:

hahahaha, well i have the right to fell dumb, i am a freshman in high school.

fritz

I lived in a smaller town back home, and I had to go the next town to find Best of 1980 through 1990. I was really nervous about getting the limited edition, so I had them reserve a copy for me. The day it came out, I went to the counter...and they said they had nothing for me, but there were a few copies on the floor. There were NO copies on the floor though! :no: So I made the guy check again, and oh...oh yeah...HERE it is...hiding under the desk! :rolleyes:

I'm glad I live in a bigger city now...I shouldn't have to worry! :D

My Best Buy ad had it listed for $14.99. My Target ad had it listed for $14.88! YAY!! I don't have to go to Best Buy, which I hate! :madspit:

(I'm calling my Daddy-O to see if he can go get it for me on Tuesday. Otherwise, I might roll into work 5 minutes late. :shifty: Oh well! :shrug:

I am not to worried now, when the Boston DVD came out i was "sick" from school and need a video to watch. haha

fritz

Bonochick said:
There were NO copies on the floor though! :no: So I made the guy check again, and oh...oh yeah...HERE it is...hiding under the desk! :rolleyes:

Yeah sure it just happened to fall under the counter, under all the papers right :rolleyes: :laugh: sidenote: the same type of thing happened when my brother got his X-Box when they first came out. I guess a couple best buy workers had reserved 100 X-boxes under different names, and were gonna sell em....I think they got fired for it.

anyway... I preordered it through cdnow...so I may not get it on the 5th...but it'll hopefully come by the end of the week.

Sometimes they can be pretty :der: at the stores. When 7 came out I stopped at Target on the way in to work. They had a big poster hanging up, but no Cds out on the floor yet. Luckily, an employee was nice enough to go to the stockroom and get one for me.

I wouldnt worry. They like to play up that its a limited release but there are heaps in the stores.
I walked up yesterday and picked one out of dozens and dozens.
You'll get one, for sure.

dsmith2904 said:
I wouldn't worry about the "limited edition" thing, the last limited edition Best Of is still available at Best Buy and some Target stores are still carrying 7.

Good point.

The limited edition of the first Best Of DID go away for awhile...but then Best Buy got heaps more in conjunction with promoting the Elevation DVD.

Don't worry, you will find it.
Last Christmas I received a 2nd copy of the "limited" Best of 80-90 and you can still find them at TowerRecords and Target.

BTW, I work part time at Target and we've had the Best of 90-00 for a couple of days in the stock room but I can't buy it until tomorrow, talk about torture!!!:scream:

NicaMom said:
BTW, I work part time at Target and we've had the Best of 90-00 for a couple of days in the stock room but I can't buy it until tomorrow, talk about torture!!!:scream:

Lick 'em all so nobody else touches them. :shifty: :tongue:

*would be all possessive, even though I only need one copy* :shifty:

:laugh:Bonochick, I'd feel like a dog, marking MY territory!LOL

BTW, here's a nice little link:
http://uk.music.yahoo.com/u2/index.html
u27a.jpg

Last edited:
NicaMom said:

Nicamom- So did you see any "cubes" back there? Or any other cool promo items? You are like our inside scoop to whats behind the closed doors of the stores!!!

NicaMom said:
Don't worry, you will find it.
Last Christmas I received a 2nd copy of the "limited" Best of 80-90 and you can still find them at TowerRecords and Target.

[/QUOT

hahahaha, talk about employ advantages.

fritz

Back
Top Bottom