Should Clayton Ever Get A Leading Man Role Before U2's Career Is Over?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by jick (emphasis added by Diemen)
I think you should post here more often, you make a great foil and a great villain to my generally positive thought-provoking posts.

Cheers,

J

That has to be the funniest thing I've ever read from you, jick. Comedy gold!

:lmao:

Last edited:
I would love to see Adam play the starring role in a video but I don't think that it would actually happen. He's too comfortable with his spot in the background. But maybe...

Adam'sbaby said:
I would love to see Adam play the starring role in a video but I don't think that it would actually happen. He's too comfortable with his spot in the background. But maybe...

I dunno, he's starting to move around a lot more. At the two concerts I went to, he walked around the ellipse catwalk during "Streets." On the 2nd night, he also walked around it during "New Year's Day."

So maybe.

and yes Adam should star in a video, that one, or any one. He's really aged well.

1) U2's career will never be over, so your premise is lacking to begin with.
2) Adam doing a song would be a real threat. I don't even care if he can sing or not. Larry also. When they did the Dalton Brothers Adam was singing. Maybe they could do some kind of opening act for themselves again, and have Adam be the lead singer of it.

is this the same "J" that posted during the Elevation/Pop tours, all the same kinds of things like that? Lived in the Philippines isn't it? (yes, just answered my own question, see under your s/n it says Philippines, so it is "J" from back then). I think you should have your own section on this board because if I remember the replies to your posts were always some of the best reading.

You really think Bon Jovi is better than U2? That alone is hilarious.

Last edited:
bonoed said:
and yes Adam should star in a video, that one, or any one. He's really aged well.

1) U2's career will never be over, so your premise is lacking to begin with.
2) Adam doing a song would be a real threat. I don't even care if he can sing or not. Larry also. When they did the Dalton Brothers Adam was singing. Maybe they could do some kind of opening act for themselves again, and have Adam be the lead singer of it.

Adam sings on "Endless Deep" the 'where do we go from here, where do we go from here.' It's on the b-sides to the best of 1980-90.

Also sings on Boomerang II but I've never heard that song.

Most recent was on a reworked version of Tomorrow for "Common Ground" compilation.

I'm going to get blasted for saying this, but no :reject: If it were going to happen it should have been in the earlier days, now (sorry!) he looks too old to play a part in a rock video, especially since they are usually aimed at younger fans. I know a lot of girls find him attractive and I respect their opinion, but overall, a guy with a gray crewcut and a well worn face isn't going to be leading man in a rock video material. :uhoh:

Okay I'm back to add that what I meant was I don't think he's the best leading man candidate for a sex appeal type thing (such as Larry in Electrical Storm) but he could still do a role like murderer or spy or something. His action shots were cool in Elevation. But I still think he looks too old to focus as main character, overall.

Last edited:
Wow! A very very old thread of mine has been revived.

There is a rumor going that the ringleader of the noisy minority is going to slowly scour the old threads here and look for mine just to revive them. The reason is that there is a movement among these people to have every thread I ever started get closed.

I just hope this rumor is not true and is just a figment of my imagination. Otherwise, moderators would not be too happy having old threads revived just to have them "officially closed".

I think this thread had already run its course and there is no need to revive this.

And by the way, I did not mean "leading man role" as lead singer. I mean being the main character in the vid, like how Bono is in SYCMIOYO or Edge is in Elevation or Mullen is in Electrical Storm.

Cheers,

J

I'm going to let this thread go for now, since I think it has sparked some good discussion...but if I see any hint that it's been revived solely to Jick-bash, well, I do LOVE that close button.

That said, there will be no "A Man and a Woman" video. But if there was, Adam should star in it, but wouldn't.

He is, as well, definitely aging the best of the four of them.

:heart: bassists :heart:

U2Kitten said:
I'm going to get blasted for saying this, but no :reject: If it were going to happen it should have been in the earlier days, now (sorry!) he looks too old to play a part in a rock video, especially since they are usually aimed at younger fans. I know a lot of girls find him attractive and I respect their opinion, but overall, a guy with a gray crewcut and a well worn face isn't going to be leading man in a rock video material. :uhoh:

Nah, pop videos are geared towards younger fans, rock videos are geared to whoever is into rock music. Velvet Revolver, Coldplay, Radiohead videos definitely not geared to younger fans, Tool videos, ditto, it depends on the band, and the band's audience. Even Mick Jagger put out a video from his "God Gave Me Everything I Want," single.

Adam dyed hair white for Popmart, which isn't that big a difference from his hair color now. It's just shorter now. He had blond hair in the early 80's, early 90's, hehe, think Adam fans are used to his lighter blond/white hair color anyway. It's the no glasses that is really the thing to get used to, at least for me, not the hair. But he's got purdy eyes, shame to hide them behind the glasses for so long.

Okay I'm back to add that what I meant was I don't think he's the best leading man candidate for a sex appeal type thing (such as Larry in Electrical Storm)

:laugh: Some womenfolk in PLEBA, Zootopia especially, would very much disagree with you.

Larry intimidates me. :reject:

Last edited:
jick said:
Wow! A very very old thread of mine has been revived.

There is a rumor going that the ringleader of the noisy minority is going to slowly scour the old threads here and look for mine just to revive them. The reason is that there is a movement among these people to have every thread I ever started get closed.

I just hope this rumor is not true and is just a figment of my imagination. Otherwise, moderators would not be too happy having old threads revived just to have them "officially closed".

I think this thread had already run its course and there is no need to revive this.

And by the way, I did not mean "leading man role" as lead singer. I mean being the main character in the vid, like how Bono is in SYCMIOYO or Edge is in Elevation or Mullen is in Electrical Storm.

Cheers,

J

Could this have possibly been Jick's last post on the Blue Crack before the ban?
I think - until if/when he returns - this thread should be kept open, so we can discuss our love/hate relationships with the 'Golfing Bon Jovi lovin legend'!:wink:

Ok - so Jick rubbed some people up the wrong way on a few occasions, including myself. But I dont really think he did this intentionally. He is a U2 lover like the rest of us, but unlike some of us (maybe me included) he isnt afraid to let his unhappier feelings about the band known to others. He never once to my knowledge hit back at any person, with abuse or name-calling - and I commend him for that.

I for one will miss his long......long.....:yawn:....long threads about, well - sometimes frankly, about bugger all! But he always made me chuckle, so I hope he can return one day.

But until then.....

gimme a J

gimme an I

gimme a C

gimme a K

what have u got?? AN ABSENT LEGEND!!!:wink:

Cheers,

A747

:rockon:

I'm quite happy with Adam and Larry acting like bad-ass 'heavies' skulking around what looks like some chemical weapons lab in the 'Unforgettable Fire' video...!! Best Clayton moment EVER. Enough said.

U2Kitten said:

Okay I'm back to add that what I meant was I don't think he's the best leading man candidate for a sex appeal type thing (such as Larry in Electrical Storm) but he could still do a role like murderer or spy or something. His action shots were cool in Elevation. But I still think he looks too old to focus as main character, overall.

U2 aren't NSync. And Bono doesn't exactly look like a 25 year old anymore either, but I don't see anyone complaining about him starring in videos.

(Just so you Bono lovers don't flame me, I happen to think he's still the hottest thing in the universe myself. It's just that I don't think Adam looks that much older, so I don't see why age should be an issue).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom