Shocking...ticketbastard fails miserably yet again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ARGH!!! Like O2 - you were FIRST in line and NO GA tickets were available??? WTF is UP with that anyway???????
mad.gif

I tried on line and via phone for over 20 minutes and NOTHING. I just want ONE ticket for Dallas!!!!
frown.gif

That just isn't right....there is indeed something rotten and crooked with the whole way that Ticketbastard does things...they're a freakin monopoly, and they can NEVER seem to handle the amount of traffic that occurs with any big-show sale. I didn't get a busy signal - the entire network was bogged down (kept getting that "we're sorry, you're call cannot go through" message)

Anyone want to write their...um, congressman or something? I sure want to. Grrrr....

Originally posted by Like O2:
I was first in line, not one GA for Dallas. The guy tried for me for at least 45 minutes just in case something came available.
NOTHING!!!

----------------------

Now this is ridiculous. FIRST IN LINE?? Where did all those tickets go, I smell something crooked somewhere. Is Ticketbastard really in cahoots with the scalpers? What's the deal? Looks like being an average honest U2 fan doesn't pay off.

I was second in line at Foley's in OKC for Dallas tickets. The women in front of me also had a friend who was third in line in Dallas. Their friend promptly called and said that GA's were gone. We all ended up getting GC. That's fine with me, and I'm glad to have a ticket to the show, but the people behind me were quite confused at how GA's were gone by 12:03. Very strange...

Originally posted by Discoteque:
I then questioned daniel saying "is it customary to sell more than the maximum number of allowed tickets to one person?" Daniel shrugged and said (get this): "that guy was here first"....

Are you kidding me?!? That's such a load of shit. But props to whoever posted this for challenging "Daniel" and his, shall we say, unorthodox ticket selling policies.

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 11-10-2001).]

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
OK-maybe this'll explain it..I think this might be the CEO of Ticketmaster...they are EVIL, after all

Ah, now it makes sense. TB sells tickets under the counter to Osama bin Laden, and his cronies resell them, and that's how al-Qaeda obtains its funds. Very clever.

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 11-10-2001).]

Holy Cow Disco, WTF was that all about?? That is just wrong! I'm sure there is something funny about Ticketmaster! ARGH I hate ticketmaster! But you also have to keep in mind that anywhere there is an Ticketmaster outlet ex: Tower Records, plus the phones, plus the net are all going to compete for the GA tickets at 10:00am!! So I'm sure if there are no games involved they would sell QUICKLY!!

I got LUCKY! I went down to my local Tower Records and waited for the thing to open, DAMN TICKET MASTER and their lottery system! I was like #10 online!
frown.gif
BUT I had my 2 bros and myself working the phones!
biggrin.gif
And WAHOOO my bros got through like on the dot at 10:00am! YAY! GA tickets for Sacramento! Phew! I mean it would have been disasterous if I didn't get tickets for Sac, my freakin' Hometown!
wink.gif
I'm *so* HAPPY! The phones have not let me down!
smile.gif

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I was one of those Nashville people. Dammit.

I was on my cable modem at 10:00, had one of my phone lines dialed to the Nashville Ticketmaster number, and one dialed long distance to the Atlanta number.

I got through on all three right away (and I do mean at 10:00 and one second). NONE of them had a single GA ticket for sale.

Now you cannot tell me that 7000 GA tickets went in one second.

Dammit. DAMMIT DAMMIT.
I hate Ticketmaster. Do you think U2 has any idea this is what happens to their fans?

I went to 6 shows this tour. I was only able to get tickets through ticketmaster once, on the phone, after the computer had already told me GA was sold out.

Only once out of 7 shows? And I'm the RIDICULOUS kind of fan that is sitting at the computer and on the phone the instant they go on sale!! I mean once out of 7 shows! Scalpers suck.

Sorry, end of rant.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by garibaldo:
Who here is not surprised that Melon came in and blamed this on the Republicans?

And who here is not surprised that garibaldo has come in offering nothing but belligerance?

Ticket brokers are from President Reagan. He signed the law legalizing them. Factual information you can look up to confirm if necessary.

But I know why you are here: to harass me. I will get you banned from Interference and all it's functions if necessary. Consider this your final warning from me.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

[This message has been edited by melon (edited 11-10-2001).]

You'll get me banned?! Hahaha...please do! You promised before to stop talking about politics on this board and you're still doing it! I wish the message records were still around so I can quote you! You are such an arrogant prick. Why do you always have to come on this board spreading your lame anti-right, anti-Reagan propaganda? It's been over a decade! Get over it!

Excellent.

I'm now asking you to leave me alone on this forum for good. If you don't, I will record all instances of you harrassing me, and I'll get you banned, as you wish.

Goodbye, once and for all.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Originally posted by melon:

Ticket brokers are from President Reagan. He signed the law legalizing them. Factual information you can look up to confirm if necessary.

No kidding.
rolleyes.gif
Well there obviously is something screwy going on behind the computer screens, and I wish someone would break up whatever racket it is. I didn't even attempt it online, because my little modem is no match.

But I lucked out this time because 1)Sacramento is a smaller market I think and 2)I staked out a Wherehouse in a small town 2 hours away (ok, its near my house) where everyone listens to rap and NO ONE else was waiting in line...I just breezed right in at 9:55, and they stamped out two GA's at 10:00. I was pretty amazed at it going through so easy!
biggrin.gif
So I went to get out my other credit card. It hadn't been activated yet, so I took out my cell phone, called the 800 number, punched in the numbers and said, ok, two more tickets. And the computer had two more GA's!! Couldn't believe it. So now I have two EXTRA tickets, unless a friend wants them.

I'm not telling where the outlet is
wink.gif

Ahhhh yes, here it is. Here is melon's quote when he was reinstated after making inflammatory statements:

posted 10-08-2001 07:45 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you, Bubba, and none of you have to worry about me. I'm finished with politics. I wish you all the best.
Melon

What happened, melon?

I think blaming an old man who is suffering from Alzheimer's for ticket scalpers is just a case of sour grapes. I also believe allowing legalized ticket brokering varies from state to state as well. In Kansas it's legal, but it's not in Missouri. I am not sure about other states and I am wondering if individual cities have ordinances as well? I am not even going to try to come up with a supply and demand argument because each one of us puts a different value on a U2 concert experience.

I got Atlanta 3rd tier behind the stage. Krasno, I guess. My local TicketMaster number didn't start taking orders for U2 until 30 minutes after on-sale, for some reason, and I couldn't get through to the Atlanta number.

It seems from the looks of this thread, garibaldo took the first punch at melon for no apparent reason so..

I'm hearby ordering both garibaldo and melon to IGNORE each other.

If you dont view the same opinions on issues that you both feel strongly about, and you repeatedly get into arguments, get a clue and just ignore each other. Trust me, I have experience in this department.. lol.

------------------
Holy Dunc Spacejunk Coming In For The Splash

Sicy's Website

Yep - ticketmaster is evil. Yep, scalpers are evil. What's just as evil? People who keep the scalpers in business by paying their inflated prices. As much as I love U2, I'd rather not see them than help a scalper make bucks for little or no work. I have managed to see U2 at least once on every tour since 1983 - and I've never paid more than face value for tickets. I may have had crappy seats, but at least I didn't help crooks get wealthier.

[This message has been edited by miri (edited 11-10-2001).]

Yay! I didnt even try.

I dont need anymore stress. Specially this close to me seeing my boys twice next week!

Ticketbastard sucks rotten eggs.

------------------
Holy Dunc Spacejunk Coming In For The Splash

Sicy's Website

Hey kids, here are two interesting links about Ticketbastard, and an interesting post from one of the U2 Yahoo groups...just to make you even more mad!
mad.gif

http://www.statenews.com/op_article.phtml?pk=4164
http://www.escribe.com/health/tmic/m18494.html

---

i went to buy tix this morning for the Dallas show and was second in line (there were only two of us there--at a houston tmaster)......i couldnt tell how many tix he was gonna get but i was hoping for floor......the guy behind the counter wrote on his board x15--not sure what that meant, but when the total was given to the first customer of $408, i knew instantly that they were working some kind of scam, since they were talking about floor tix..(FYI there was a 2 ticket max on the floor). the man preceded to pay the large amount, he remarked "thanks Daniel" whilst Daniel behind the counter countered "See you stephen"....and then stephen left without his tickets!!!!!!! this was all clear as day without trying to hide anything..

I then questioned daniel saying "is it customary to sell more than the maximum number of allowed tickets to one person?" Daniel shrugged and said (get this): "that guy was here first"....

now, theres no doubt in my mind that the first guy was a scalper, with hundreds in a white envelope, and then for him to leave without his tickets!!!! what was that about???????.......im speculating that this isnt the first or only time this has happened...

i asked if there was a manager card i could have to speak to someone about this, and he wrote down a number on a flyer...

well since the only thing i can do is make some phone calls and/ or write a letter, im gonna do just that.......if anyone already knows any address for people at ticketmaster in houston, or wherever else, let me know......but if you want to contact the manager Russ at the box office of the aerial theatre in houston, the supposed number is 713-225-8556.....well see what happens.....

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 11-10-2001).]

I must bitch too. I believe there is something very fishy going on with Ticketmaster. It's not out of the question that they have a racket going with the scalpers because they know we WILL pay to see U2. It's like when stores with TY contracts sold Beanie Babies out the back door to dealers when they were at the height of their popularity and hard to find and collectors would fork it over.

Is there any way we can alert the band's management to this? They wouldn't like it I'm sure.
mad.gif

------------------
~We need new dreams tonight~

[This message has been edited by Autumn454 (edited 11-11-2001).]

Originally posted by ultraviolet_j:
I think blaming an old man who is suffering from Alzheimer's for ticket scalpers is just a case of sour grapes.

I'm sorry that the man has Alzheimer's, but that doesn't change the fact that he DID sign the law allowing ticket brokers. I don't think Reagan bashing is in good taste right now either, but this happens to be factual information.

Also, this link was posted a couple months ago, but it's just as relevant now. The NY Attorney General's report on ticket distribution practices. Bookmark it, read it sometime. The summary's interesting, but ther real scary stuff is further down!

-Mike

EDIT: 'Cause I can't type
smile.gif

------------------
My U2 Bootleg Archive

[This message has been edited by Mike P (edited 11-11-2001).]

I don't intend to get involved in the political debate...I just have one question. Didn't we have a non-Republican president by the name of Clinton...and if it's only Republicans that would allow this practice to continue, why in the eight years of his office did he not crack down on it? Just a thought.
smile.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I don't intend to get involved in the political debate...I just have one question. Didn't we have a non-Republican president by the name of Clinton...and if it's only Republicans that would allow this practice to continue, why in the eight years of his office did he not crack down on it? Just a thought.
smile.gif

I will make one comment on this, as I meant what I said when I want to step aside for a bit.

Clinton was called a "neo-democrat," not a traditional democrat. His policies were somewhat, but not wholly obviously, libertarian. Clinton, in a sharp departure, advocated deregulation towards business, but also advocated deregulation towards social practices, making him a departure from conservative ideology. I have often criticized his deregulatory policies towards business, as I personally disagree.

This is my brief statement, and I will not make any replies/rebuttals to what anyone says regarding what I've said here. Feel free to state your agreement/disagreement.

Melon

------------------

Back
Top Bottom