Shocking confession

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its one of my least played u2 cds

probably because streets/still havent found/wowy/bullet have been played to death at concerts i dont feel the need to listen to them on the cd

Chizip said:
its one of my least played u2 cds

probably because streets/still havent found/wowy/bullet have been played to death at concerts i dont feel the need to listen to them on the cd

Yeah you're right, when I first got JT i listened mainly to the first half of the album.

Now when I put it on, I mainly listen to the second half.

I'm sure it must be down to overexposure.

boystupidboy said:
I don't really listen to the Joshua Tree anymore.Should i be dragged thru' a bramble bush and have vinegar sprinkled over my sore bits ??

No you should be smothered in honey and thrown into a Killer Bees Nest.

Nah - just joking..... I hate to admit it I also don't listen to the Tree as much as I used too.:reject:

haha, aborted?

ANYWAY, just leave it a while if you don't listen to it anymore, avoid all the songs then play it start to finish then come back and tell us what a ghastly mistake you made. :up:

Hahaha! God, me too! Exactly the same, always takes me back to the first time I heard it in Sping 2001, that was amazing. Nice orange skies, went out on the bike all the time in the evenings and listened to it. Pure brilliance. :drool: Never listen to it any other time of year if I can help it.

MrBrau1 said:
Well, it's about that time of year to start listening to it.

Warm spring/summer late afternoons, as the sun goes down.

Indeed

JT is my standard for chillin' out, feel-good music. But in recent months, I've been more into the ragers---War & AB---and the quirky/heavy ones--Zooropa & Pop.

I don't even own The Joshua Tree (shock - horror). I've heard all the tracks so many times, they just get a bit boring. I'd much rather listen to Pop.

I pretty much shelved the JT for years. But I have gotten back into it recently and my god, what an album. "Exit" played on your car stereo at night with the windows down :drool:

the first 3 tracks of the joshua tree changed my life! :-D but i'm taking a JT break so that when i listen again...they sound amazing! :-D

Right now I listen to it less than I do AB and Bomb. But I throw it on once in a while just to soak in the greatness. I have no idea why anyone would skip Streets. The album was built around that song.

It can be acceptable actually, it has 20 years.................The Joshua Tree became for me the very special cd to put on in right moments. I listen to it just once every 4-5 months, but everytime that I put it on, my friends say: "Oh, listen to this one! This is a record, great music!"
It became a very precious record for me

its honestly probably been 4 or 5 years since ive listened to joshua tree....if i didnt hear some of the songs when my ipod is on shuffle i'd probably have forgotten the lyrics by now.

:huh:

U2SavesTheWorld said:
its honestly probably been 4 or 5 years since ive listened to joshua tree....if i didnt hear some of the songs when my ipod is on shuffle i'd probably have forgotten the lyrics by now.

:huh:

:shame: Now, this is too much! 4/5 years?!?!

Wow....................................

Back
Top Bottom