"She travels outside of karma, karma...."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHoneyChild

The Fly
The forgotten land of Michigan :) Sault Sainte Mar
Grace is most assuredly my favorite song on the All That You Can't Leave Behind album. When I've had the worst day and I feel like nothing is right, listening to that song makes me open my eyes and realise I could have nothing. There is a diamond core beneath those words that keeps me from faltering. Very rare does a song ever do that for a person. I've been losing faith in the human race and Grace makes me realise that's what we need most of all, faith.

I like Grace too!!! A lot of people think it's the ultimate skip song on the album, that it's slow and boring and the lyrics are crap. For awhile, I was one of those people. But the song grew on me, especially after it was played after the final encore of the Elevation shows. I started getting those warm tingly memories of being at a GREAT show, being THISCLOSE to the band. The I really started listening to it and I LIKE the lyrics. It's a kind of Everywoman song.

"Grace, she carries the world on her hips"

"What once was hurt
What once was friction
What left a mark
No longer stains
Because Grace makes beauty
Out of ugly things"

Makes me think of a mom, carrying a baby on one hip, kissing away the pain of a bruised knee or a hurt feeling.

lol oops....hit post instead of reply

lol It was that way for me too, I didn't really enjoy it at first but after a while it was like "wow." I was literally having such a bad day, and I was lying on my bed consummed in tears I couldn't hold in anymore and it came on, I just couldn't believe it. Its a very comforting song.

lol and the song reminds me of a mothers also ^_^

great tune.

never understood why people hate it.

grace makes beauty out of ugly things.

nice way to wrap up a cd that starts with beutiful day.:sexywink:

Now...what?s amazing about Grace? ;) Grace is a very special song for me, it has helped through some hard times so I can relate to what you feel WildHoneyChild. Relaxing melody, meaningful lyrics, fine vocals by Bono. I agree with JOFO, it works really well as the closer for ATCYLB.

vivid memory

of my first listening to All That You Can't leave Behind...( OIsavoured that moment, i had the CD for days before the "right " moment was found....damn kids!!)

I remeber....peace on earth and grace..shook me to the core, the raw sound of POE the liquidsound of Grace, the feel , the lyric, the beauty.
The family stain remover...they should bottle it

imho

wdU2:yes:

oh and In a Little While...that night that song made me cry...well at least a bucket. I still haven't heard all of ATYCLB really. Such substance those men bring to their music...layers and layers. We're very lucky...eh?

Now I wanna listen to "Grace"...but I can't find my copy of ATYCLB...all I have is the empty case. :scream: :sad: :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom