"Sgt. Peppers of Tours"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, but it absolutely shattered what the general music-listening public considered possible for A) rock music, B) pop music, and C) studio recordings. While Revolver hinted at what was to come, Sgt. Peppers was like dropping a nuclear bomb into the music scene; the world was never the same again.

And that's why ZooTV is called the "Sgt. Peppers of tours". While plenty of bands had played around with video screens and adding media to their shows, there was simply nothing even close to what ZooTV did. And the large-scale concert world hasn't been the same since; nor the small-scale world either, if you consider that "big" bands like Radiohead are doing much smaller shows, in part, in reaction against the lingering grandeur of ZooTV.

What about The Wall and other Pink Floyd tours? They helped changed rock tours too.

U2girl said:
What about The Wall and other Pink Floyd tours? They helped changed rock tours too.

yes !!!

Anyway I remember Bono saying that with Zoo TV they wanted to do a"pink floyd" type show.

The Wall:drool: :drool:

i seem to remember that David Gilmour insinuated that U2 stole some of the ideas from ZOOTV from them. I think they fell out afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom