Setlist Surprises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Setlist Surprises

GibsonGirl said:

Actually, I think the diehards were more surprised and excited to hear Fast Cars at Toronto 1. We were the very first people who heard that song played live. I was the only person in my row singing along. This made me happy. Stuff the casual fans who only went for Beautiful Day and Vertigo.

For a month prior to Toronto IV I had avoided coming here because I wanted to be surprised(as much as I could be with a U2 setlist) with the setlist.

My cousin went to Toronto 1 and all he told me was that they had played a song you wouldn't expect.

Needless to say this got me excited. So, I was speculating on what it would be: Unforgetable Fire, Love is Blindness, Please, Dirty Day etc...

Fast forward to the concert: before the encore I see on the screen some POP symbols, and then I hear Pop Muzik. "No, it couldn't be," I thought. "Mofo!!!!"

And then, I heard Discotheque. I was in heaven and soaking in each and every note. I was so happy. And then, I got to hear Fast Cars also which was the icing on the cake.

Ah, the memories :sad:

Re: Re: Re: Setlist Surprises

BonoManiac said:

For a month prior to Toronto IV I had avoided coming here because I wanted to be surprised(as much as I could be with a U2 setlist) with the setlist.

My cousin went to Toronto 1 and all he told me was that they had played a song you wouldn't expect.

Needless to say this got me excited. So, I was speculating on what it would be: Unforgetable Fire, Love is Blindness, Please, Dirty Day etc...

Fast forward to the concert: before the encore I see on the screen some POP symbols, and then I hear Pop Muzik. "No, it couldn't be," I thought. "Mofo!!!!"

And then, I heard Discotheque. I was in heaven and soaking in each and every note. I was so happy. And then, I got to hear Fast Cars also which was the icing on the cake.

Ah, the memories :sad:

Aw, I'm jealous, you were at Toronto IV! At the 12 September show, I was in the seats directly behind the mixing board. Saw them fiddling with the Pop symbols on their computers...I was beside myself with excitement, of course, thinking they were going to play a Pop song. But alas, it wasn't to be. :( Posted about here, actually: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139727 It was fun trying to figure out which Pop song they were going to play! Ah, memories.

EDIT: Ack, it seems like the image I originally posted in that thread died. Here it is again:
u201jz9.jpg

Last edited:
not sure I agree with people talking about who's a "real" fan for recognising a lesser known album/bonus track that's not what it's about but I would love to be in the middle of a mass crowd of U2 fans when the opening for Mofo suddenly starts up! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom