set list of u23d,anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
according to the press review they end it with With or Without You.

The Fly, Miss Sarajevo, Beautiful Day are mentioned too. so i guess you can just place a typical Vertigo tour setlist :D

Vertigo
The set list includes “It’s A Beautiful Day,” “Sunday Bloody Sunday,” “Bullet The Blue Sky,” “The Fly,” “Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own,” “Miss Sarajevo,” and the anthemic show closer “With You or Without You.”

http://www.thestar.com/artsentertainment/article/215389

thank god for Miss Sarajevo and WOWY! :love:

and can I kick them for failing to write the correct song title?

No one knows the setlist of the full 90 minute version but the 55-minute version on Cannes had the following songs. According to u2.com.

Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
The Fly
With or Without You

i want a 3D Zoo Station :drool:

ETA: if i remeber correctly, wasnt Love Is Blindness snippeted at one of the South Americna shows :hmm:

Zoo Station is MADE for 3D :drool:

and Love Is Blindness was snippeted... or half played... but at the end, after AIWIY...

prideofzootv said:
if someone filmed it, and you downloaded it, would it still be 3d if you wore 3d glasses?

No. It's all about the projector.

I'm sure COBL and Zoo Station would also be included.

COBL, Zoo Station, and if I remember correctly, didn't Mysterious Ways kinda segue into With or Without You? It would make sense to include that as well. Plus, it's visually exciting. But I have a feeling the concert will end with WOWY so there probably won't be anything from the second encore.

The fuck? Miss Sarajevo --> The Fly --> With Or Without You? Now that's jarring.

bgmckinney said:

Slow and intense-->raucous and intense-->sexy and intense.

More like:

Slooow and contemplative --> FUCKING HEADBANG!! --> Past its use-by-date dreariness.

Make ya a bet Axver. You will see U23D, and comprehend WOWY in all its multidimensional glory, and then you will revise that statement. If not I will... oh, well, I won't do anything. But I bet even "One" would melt your heart if they put that in, given the way the reviews sound.

bgmckinney said:
Make ya a bet Axver. You will see U23D, and comprehend WOWY in all its multidimensional glory, and then you will revise that statement. If not I will... oh, well, I won't do anything. But I bet even "One" would melt your heart if they put that in, given the way the reviews sound.

I saw The Fly --> WOWY transition twice live and I thought the transition was a complete failure, and I've heard WOWY a total of eight times live and think it's only remotely worthwhile when it has LWTUA/Shine Like Stars, so I don't see why some 3D movie will change my opinion.

And I've had to put up with One ten times live. :|

Are we talking about what's in the actual movie? Or what they performed on the day? Because in the paper it said they played Streets and Vertigo.

And I thought some of the Melb I show made it to the film?

Two items:

1. The 90-minute version is what we'll be treated to in theaters, correct?

2. Thank god for The Fly.

Axver said:

I saw The Fly --> WOWY transition twice live and I thought the transition was a complete failure, and I've heard WOWY a total of eight times live and think it's only remotely worthwhile when it has LWTUA/Shine Like Stars, so I don't see why some 3D movie will change my opinion.

The Fly -> WOWY is a dreadful sudden change of direction.

Mysterious Ways -> WOWY is a winner, but as you said, only with Shine Like Stars at the very least.

COBL_04 said:
Are we talking about what's in the actual movie? Or what they performed on the day? Because in the paper it said they played Streets and Vertigo.

And I thought some of the Melb I show made it to the film?

We're talking about the set of U2 3D, not what U2 played outside the theatre.

Both Melbourne gigs were filmed but it was just for extra footage, e.g. angles the band needed. The audio and bulk of the footage are from Buenos Aires.

coolian2 said:
The Fly -> WOWY is a dreadful sudden change of direction.

Mysterious Ways -> WOWY is a winner, but as you said, only with Shine Like Stars at the very least.

Yeah, when U2 switched to Fly --> MW --> WOWY after a few shows of the fifth leg, the first encore flowed better. I just don't get why they cut Zoo Station in the process. The fourth leg had first encores that accommodated all four songs!

Back
Top Bottom