Serious U2 concert-goer question!! Hands up, if u have been, and.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was front row right in front of Edge at the first San Jose Elevation show. I didn't have to line up all that early since that was the first leg of the tour. I lined up at 9:30am and was 26th in line. (In Utah on the second leg, 7:30am got me 209th place in line.) I wasn't particularly squished. There's probably more squishing if you're right in front of Bono when he reaches into the crowd.

If this picture works, the bright green dot in the fist row is my green bandana
biggrin.gif

gallery

[This message has been edited by u2utah (edited 05-10-2002).]

Front row for Popmart Pittsburgh in 1997 right in front of Edge and front row at Pittsburgh Elevation right in front of Bono.

- andy

Originally posted by DiGi:
You were in Tampa. I was so mad about the GA line when they did not open the doors to the floor. I ended up 2nd row right under bono's mic stand, but should have been in the front row imo. anyway here is one of my pics.

Hi digi and meegannie! I was alerted to this thread by a fellow U2NYC group member since I was at the Tampa show. I was #10 in the GA line and ended up being the VERY FIRST person inside the heart. I have pictures, including one of the people on the front rail just before the show. Let me know if you are interested.

FYI, I drove down from the northeast straight through in over 20 hours with 2 other fans. We got to the Ice Palace around 4pm the day before the concert and decided to camp out in the beautiful Florida weather! Being right in front of Bono was surprisingly tame. No worse pushing than a couple rows deep (plus you have the rail to brace yourself if necessary).

I was front row at the first Dublin show on Popmart (30/8/97!). It was a terrible crush - I thought my ribs were going to get broken! Lots of people were getting pulled out by local security (wusses! LOL). Local security even asked me a bunch of times if I wanted to get out of there but I held on. I mean I was *front row* - was I going to sacrifice being that close to the band just because I might get internal injuries?! I don't think so! :-D

Hmm.... don't know if I dare to answer this without getting jumped on by some people.
wink.gif

Front row along the ramp in Oslo, Popmart (right where the lemon stopped and didn't open, great view inside LOL ) Also front row in Jacksonville and Miami for Popmart, at the b-stage where they entered it.

For Elevation I had front row a few times....ehhh... most shows and one outside the heart at the tip.

I must say though that it never even came close to as squeezey as I thought it would be. I had VERY nice experience at every show, except for maybe one, when it comes to get crushed by people. Even at the outside tip it was ok.

And yes, I waited an insane amount of hours in line. But whereelse then around U2 fans do you want to be when it's that close in time to a show as the same day?
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by crulewich:
Hi digi and meegannie! I was alerted to this thread by a fellow U2NYC group member since I was at the Tampa show. I was #10 in the GA line and ended up being the VERY FIRST person inside the heart. I have pictures, including one of the people on the front rail just before the show. Let me know if you are interested.

I would love to see your pics! I have a few scanned somewhere (I think) that I can email you if you'd like (I don't have a website or I'd post them). I was #43 in line (ended up being second or third to last person on the rail on the Edge's side). I was in the second corral-type thing. We built a shelter out of sleeping bags and blankets (when boredom set in and it started to get hot). It was a lot of fun until all hell broke loose with the whole GA line thing.
smile.gif

Originally posted by crulewich:

Did I meet in you Publix? Not sure why I think I met #10 when I was buying a chair (I might be wrong). I was #87 and was so pissed when I saw someone with a high # in front of me for Tampa as I went into the heart. I got over it nice and quick though.

I would love to see your pictures if you have them. I have other Tampa photos on my website, but most did not turn out real well. If you are interested though http://www.15five.com/u2pics/tampabay/

Hi MalahideChick and welcome...
smile.gif

Yeah I was at Popmart 1st gig Dublin too...........two streets away outside the stadium sitting between two cars listening to the entire concert!!!! Needless to say I ran back to the B&B straight after and nearly ran on top of fecking massive posters on the ground, boy did I clear them with a huge jump and a panicky Irishman sellin them!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

hell yeah, u've all done pretty well and thank you for sharing your stories....
biggrin.gif

GREAT to read!!

however one other ting that used to knock my curiosity was watching concerts and seeing pple with huge placards up with 'I love u2' and 'Bono be my baby' or 'Larry let me drum u'....etc,etc, and used to tink, did the pple behind not wanna punch the person holdin the plac cause they couldnt then see the stage and stuff???

smile.gif

maybe, maybe not.........LOL!!!!!

at the end of the day, all those present adore and love U2 and are there for the music.......HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Bonovation:
Managed to get front row between edge & bono for 2nd Providence show
biggrin.gif

Also got right to the front at Wembley Zoo show but eventually had to move back cos I felt a bit faint lol

Hey Bonovation, do you happen to have any pics from this night, online? I'd *love* to see them!!!

thanks, Olive

------------------
She comes in colors you know she's gonna turn the daylight on

*Happy Birthday Bono*

Hi maddie - well, I wasn't in the FRONT row, but I might as well have been at the LA3 show...I was half way between first/second row (I know that sounds weird), but I kept edging (heh) toward the front barrier, plus the people in front of me--God bless 'em--were much shorter than I, so I had a prime and unobstructed view the entire show!!! (thank you Captive!) Edge was a mere 5-6 feet from me for most of that show, I was completely stunned by my good fortune!!! (not to mention that Edge recognized Captive and so it seemed like he was actually looking at ME as well...talk about unnerving!)
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I was at the Tampa show. I was #10 in the GA line and ended up being the VERY FIRST person inside the heart. I have pictures, including one of the people on the front rail just before the show. Let me know if you are interested.
I was actually on the end of the front rail in Tampa, by meegannie. Crulewich, I think we had emailed about venue rules for some shows (NJ & Tampa) at one point. Glad to hear you made it to the very front!!
smile.gif

Jenn

Originally posted by mad1:
however one other ting that used to knock my curiosity was watching concerts and seeing pple with huge placards up with 'I love u2' and 'Bono be my baby' or 'Larry let me drum u'....etc,etc, and used to tink, did the pple behind not wanna punch the person holdin the plac cause they couldnt then see the stage and stuff???

Hell yeah! And girls sitting on guys' shoulders. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sometimes it sucks being 5'2". I feel like every time I go to a concert, I have a sign tatood on my forehead that says "would all 6'4" men please stand right in front of me?" (lazyboy
tongue.gif
)

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

[This message has been edited by Crzy4Bono (edited 05-14-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom