Sequel to Zoo TV? The U2ube Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyricalDrug

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I have a mad idea. For their next tour, U2 does an updated twist on Zoo TV, and goes all audio-visual-interactive again. Except this time, it's not about television, it's about the internet. The U2ube Tour! (as in, youtube)... Think of the possibilities! Online U2 fans could be projected onto vidiwalls, over webcam, during the concerts. Text messages could be sent onto the screens from people's cell phones -- a big, text-message graffiti board, too...

Am I crazy? Or should I email Willie Williams?

:wink:

I've thought about this too...but it made my brain explode with all the possibilities involved. :combust:

LemonMelon said:
I've thought about this too...but it made my brain explode with all the possibilities involved. :combust:

Bono could come up with some new alter egos... Edge would be in heaven during the stage-planning phases... the aphorisms (YOU ARE NOT IMMUNE, etc) that flash on the screens during the Fly could appear as if they're being typed, like in a chat window... and on and on

:drool:

if they could do it and make it awesome and not cheesy, i'd be all for it. it'd be great if they could do something in the vein of zootv again, but not just a rehash of old ideas.

It would be a really cool idea. Really shows you how much ZooTV was ahead of its time. However in reality, they wouldn't do a rehash of ZooTV.

how about bono's new persona

----------
The 21st century idiot
----------

I think the text message graffit board is awesome.

I think this is very very interesting idea but it stinks of a popmart disaster $$$ wise.

I think U2 needs to first grasp the concept of a decent website before they can make a tour based on it. :wink:

I'd like to see some interactive stuff happen.

Maybe not the entire show, but somewhere along the way.

Not a bad idea.

youtube.com/profile?user=AcoU2sticMike

phillyfan26 said:
I think U2 needs to first grasp the concept of a decent website before they can make a tour based on it. :wink:

:lol:

youtube.com/profile?user=AcoU2sticMike

vaz02 said:
how about bono's new persona

----------
The 21st century idiot
----------

I think the text message graffit board is awesome.

I think this is very very interesting idea but it stinks of a popmart disaster $$$ wise.

I agree that in order for the idea to work, it would have to be very, very clever. It couldn't just be "Zoo TV II". But I think U2 and ole' Willie could conjure up something...

They could perform their songs with funny videos of kitties and angry german kids being played behind them on screens.

Back
Top Bottom