September's Concerns about HTDAAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosterjuice

Refugee
I remember back in September of this year, we were all worried sick about the new album (well, many of us were). The beach clips showed some promising tracks but we just didn't know how to respond to Bono and Co. showing over-confidence in the album. After all, they did that with ATYCLB and it left a bad taste in the mouths of most. At that time, I wondered what December would hold for the band.

We questioned whether or not Vertigo was a good enough song to lead off the album. Many felt that it lacked the universal appeal of Beautiful Day.

We also questioned U2's release strategy for the album. NOV 23???? Only 2 weeks after Eninem's new release! We all thought that Eminem would dominate the charts, not even giving U2 a chance.

Well, it's December now. U2 has the number 1 song, and the number 1 album! Hut dub has sold double the amount that ATYCLB did. I am very impressed with the results.

What were your September (pro forma) performance forecasts for hut dub?
Are the December actual results higher/lower to your original forecasting model?

why the feck do people call HTDAAB Hut Dub? is this a yank thing? can you not spell abbreviations? is it just a lazy thing like eating with just a fork instead of using a knife too? Is it the widespread obesity in the USA that makes the tongue too fat and lazy to say it right? Is it because I've had to many beers tonight and wondering why I'm even writing this? lol

what a bomb! said:
why the feck do people call HTDAAB Hut Dub? is this a yank thing? can you not spell abbreviations?

No, because it was originally popularised by me, a New Zealander in Australia. There's no reason behind it. Some people think it's fun to do, some people hate it. I use it just because I feel like it.

I didn't have any specific expectations for the album back in September. I just take it as it comes.

But I guess I always expect quality from U2, and they've pretty much always delivered.

I love HTDAAB -- my favorite U2 album now.

what a bomb! said:
why the feck do people call HTDAAB Hut Dub? is this a yank thing? can you not spell abbreviations? is it just a lazy thing like eating with just a fork instead of using a knife too? Is it the widespread obesity in the USA that makes the tongue too fat and lazy to say it right? Is it because I've had to many beers tonight and wondering why I'm even writing this? lol

Join the hut dub revolution. It's fun. Also, I've been calling ATYCLB "Atty club". I forget who introduced that one to me. Anyway, I like using these because it seems more personalized and less intrusive than the bold and ugly "HTDAAB". It is also easier to type. You don't have hold the shift key or press the caps lock.

Wasn't m&m's release date moved up due to his leak? Had it come out on its original release date of last week, would U2 still have the no. 1 spot?

hutdab rules.

Back
Top Bottom