'Seconds' question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sengira

The Fly
You old hands have probably heard this a thousand times before, but humour me, okay?

Is it true that the lead vocal on 'Seconds' is The Edge? I heard this for the first time today and ran for my War CD, but couldn't satistfy myself about it.

Answers?

And while I'm at it, what track does Adam sing on again?

Thanks guys - rock on!

Hello,

Yes it's true that The Edge is singing lead on (part of) Seconds. The first few verses he's singing, from 'In an apartment of Times Square...' Bono is taking over.

Adam has never sung on an U2 song, but he does narrate the outtro of Your Blue Room.

C ya!

Marty

On the UABRS video Edge is singing the first part of Seconds and Bono takes over after the first chorus. :yes:

It is hard to hear it on the CD. :|

sengira said:
And while I'm at it, what track does Adam sing on again?

Besides the narration on "Your Blue Room," a lot of people also suspect that it's Adam on "Endless Deep." I've also heard that he does the low back-up for the 1996 re-recording of "Tomorrow," and there are still folks who think he might be in "Numb" somewhere.

Re: Re: 'Seconds' question

typhoon said:
Besides the narration on "Your Blue Room," a lot of people also suspect that it's Adam on "Endless Deep." I've also heard that he does the low back-up for the 1996 re-recording of "Tomorrow," and there are still folks who think he might be in "Numb" somewhere.

it?s Adam in Endless deep and he also can he heard in the re-recording of Tomorrow. It is a really beautiful version of the song. But he?s not doing any vocals in Numb.

Adam can also be heard on early live recordings. He?s usually the one singing completely out of tune, so I guess that?s why his career as a singer was put on hold. :D

salty72 said:
They re-recorded Tomorrow? Was it released?

Yes, they re-recorded it. Or rather, Bono and Adam re-recorded the song for the album Common Ground (an album with contemporary Irish music on it, even by some non-Irish artists). The album was released in 1995 or 1996. I don't know if it's still in print or where you can easily find it (Ebay is always a source, but I'm talking about a regular store).

C ya!

Marty

Re: Re: 'Seconds' question

typhoon said:

Tomorrow was re-recorded for "Common Ground: Voices Of Modern Irish Music," a compilation put together by Donal Lunny, who, according to the credits on the album, was the backing vocals on "Tomorrow."

Good album, BTW. The new version of Tomorrow is incredible.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom