SeaSide Radio (UK) U2 Interferers dedication

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waynetravis

Blue Crack Supplier
My dad is a volenteer at our local radion station an he has his own 2 hour counry music program on Tuesdays at 10am - 12pm UK time.

Tomorrow at around 11.30am he is going to play The Wanderer, and dedicate it to the good people Interference.

He asked me to provide a list of some of the people who post here.
So he may mention some of you. :happy:

You can listen to his show online at www.seasideradio.co.uk

OK, you're added to the list :)

It depends if he has time to mention all the names on the list.
Im sure he will though, he's like Bono - he never shuts up.

Wow thats really cool! Where can you get this radio station? :heart: the wanderer!

partygirlvox from shropshire :up:

Thats a shame, I'm nowhere near Yorkshire (..I don't think?!)

partygirlvox said:
(..I don't think?!)

WHAT?!! What do you mean you DON'T KNOW where Yorkshire is?! WHAT?!! :angry: I mean that's just appal- (suddenly I remember that I don't know where Shropshire is) yeah, actually fair enough :yes: ...

(I'm only teasing partygirlvox in case that wasn't clear. :wink: I totally sympathise- I can do counties in Northern England fine but the Midlands and below I've got no chance!)

For one brief, awful moment Wayne I thought this was going to be about Yorkshire Coast Radio ( :no: ) so I'm relieved to find out that isn't the case! I suppose I'll be that little bit too far from East Yorkshire to get it other than online (and I've missed your Dad's programme anyway now) but the whole station sounds like a great idea from what I've read on the website :up:

TheQuiet1 said:

WHAT?!! What do you mean you DON'T KNOW where Yorkshire is?! WHAT?!! :angry: I mean that's just appal- (suddenly I remember that I don't know where Shropshire is) yeah, actually fair enough :yes: ...

(I'm only teasing partygirlvox in case that wasn't clear. :wink: I totally sympathise- I can do counties in Northern England fine but the Midlands and below I've got no chance!)

I know its awful, I have no idea where anything is in England.. including shropshire! It could be next to yorkshire for all I know.
But I do know coronation street is set in yorkshire! So my television knowledge makes up for my somewhat lacking geography skills :up:

partygirlvox said:

I know its awful, I have no idea where anything is in England.. including shropshire! It could be next to yorkshire for all I know.
But I do know coronation street is set in yorkshire! So my television knowledge makes up for my somewhat lacking geography skills :up:

actually, corrie is in manchester, emmerdale is in yorkshire! l:wink:

... :ohmy: I can never watch that programme in the same way now!

How many people listened??
I think he mentioned about 15 names from the list i gave.

He must of spent atleast 10mins talking before actually playing the song.
Also might be able to get a recording of it too :hmm:

waynetravis said:

I didn't even open this thread till ten to one. When I checked the time and compared it to when you said he was on and the day I was like :banghead:

A recording of it would be great :up: It's not often you get to hear The Wanderer (a song I adore) on the radio.

Partygirlvox, :tsk:

:wink: (I'm joking! I'm joking! :hug: )

Oh if you can get a recording it would be really cool if you uploaded it! I would have been school today so I couldn't have listened to it.. even if we did get that radio station here.

:reject: I'm so shocked its set in manchester - next you'll be telling me eastenders isn't set in London!

waynetravis said:

I was at work so didn't get to listen. :grumpy: Its cool he read somenames out though. :D

partygirlvox. :lol: I went to the corrie set once. When they used to do the tours around granada.

He really dedicated the song to everyone on this site.
But he wanted to give a shout out to some of you too.

Here is a list of those he was able to mention:

Babydoll
Kafrun
Carmel
Sicy
Carlos
Maddy and Lila
Galeongirl
Wild
Jem
JCOSTER
Zootles (he said 'Zoot-less' at first :lol: )
Elvis
Kane
Evelin
The PLEBAns

The list of names i gave was way longer, but he was pressed for time and was unable to read them all.

He might do it again next week :hmm:
So if you want to be mentioned on the radio, just ask me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom