Schedule for Monday's U2/Green Day Performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool, thanks for the confirmation. Looks like they're performing before the game, and then it'll be shown on TV at halftime.

I hope Bono customizes the lyrics for "Beautiful Day" to reflect the location.

..customized lyrics

:drool:

This is LIVE at 720 CST on ESPN.
So looking forward to it!

Will we have a setlist party over on the general tour board?

PREGAME SHOW (7:21-7:30 P.M.) U2 and GREEN DAY (also joined onstage by local bands Storyville Band and New Birth Band)

The performance, which marks the first collaborative appearance on stage by the two super-groups, will benefit Music Rising, the campaign launched to help bring music back to the Gulf Coast region. The special performance is sponsored by RealNetworks Rhapsody digital music service. In addition to the live ESPN and Westwood One broadcast of the pregame show, Rhapsody will offer a live streaming audio webcast via www.rhapsody.com . Shortly after the event, fans will have the ability to buy a download from U2 and Green Day's performance via Rhapsody. All net proceeds will go directly to Music Rising. In addition, fans may donate directly by logging onto www.musicrising.org or by calling toll free within the US: 1-866-370-3403 on the following dates and times:

So Westwood One planning to air this too? Great...hopefully someone captures the audio & shares...my standalone cd burner is acting up just lately, so vid only for me.

That press release seems to indicate that ESPN (which broadcasts MNF) will be showing the performance live, and not at halftime:

"In addition to the live ESPN and Westwood One broadcast of the pregame show, Rhapsody will offer a live streaming audio webcast via www.rhapsody.com"

Is this different from what was reported previously?

So wait..... I have heard now they will be playing 3 or 4 songs. They are alotted 10 mins. Maybe they will play the new one plus a song from each of the bands?

Anu said:
This is LIVE at 720 CST on ESPN.

PREGAME SHOW (7:21-7:30 P.M.) U2 and GREEN DAY (also joined onstage by local bands Storyville Band and New Birth Band)

Can someone confirm that this time is correct? 7:20 CST, which is 5:20 PST? I need to figure out what time I have to leave work.

(It figures this is the week I'm working long days Monday-Thursday so I can take Friday off. :mad: )

I hope someone gets this up for download/on torrent, not sure I can be home in time and also not sure I can get ESPN anymore...<goes off to check>

schedule for those who are time zone challenged:

ET 8:21-8:30
CT 7:21-7:30
Mountain Time 6:21-6:30
Pacific Time 5:21-5:30

Arizona I think you're on Pacific time right now, and all of IN is on CT right now. AK is 4:21-4:30 and HI is 2:21-2:30.

I think that covers it.

For those that miss it, I'm sure some kind soul on Interference will have it uploaded within nanoseconds after it is aired.

so i got my rolling stone in the mail today, and this is what it said:

"The two bands will debut it [the skids song] live on September 25th at the reopening of New Orlean's Superdome [. . .] The two bands will be joined by New Orleans musicians, andt he Edge will also play with Green Day on one of their own songs."

does this mean we won't get a full U2 song?
iono!

tuwie said:
so i got my rolling stone in the mail today, and this is what it said:

"The two bands will debut it [the skids song] live on September 25th at the reopening of New Orlean's Superdome [. . .] The two bands will be joined by New Orleans musicians, andt he Edge will also play with Green Day on one of their own songs."

does this mean we won't get a full U2 song?
iono!

No, the set list starts with a Green Day song featuring The Edge on his trusty guitar, followed by the Skids' cover, and then U2 closes the show with Beautiful Day.

I personally cannot wait for this performance. Their cover of The Saints Are Coming could be really amazing, and any performance of Beautiful Day is just devine. :drool:

topplehatU2 said:
For those that miss it, I'm sure some kind soul on Interference will have it uploaded within nanoseconds after it is aired.

I'm already thanking those kind souls in advance since I don't get ESPN. I'm so counting on your generosity!!!
thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
ugh... they had to go with beautiful day.

still woulda gone with walk on... maybe they don't want to use that 'cause it was sorta kinda associated with 9/11... ah who the hell knows.

All My Life, anybody? you can't go wrong with Edge's solo anywhere, especially New Orleans

U2FloridaFan said:
schedule for those who are time zone challenged:

ET 8:21-8:30
CT 7:21-7:30
Mountain Time 6:21-6:30
Pacific Time 5:21-5:30

Arizona I think you're on Pacific time right now, and all of IN is on CT right now. AK is 4:21-4:30 and HI is 2:21-2:30.

I think that covers it.

Bless you! :)confused: I REALLY appreciat this!)

Back
Top Bottom