Schedule for Monday's U2/Green Day Performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Better than expected, but Billie Joe needs to lay off the black crayon a bit.

I hope U2's back at halftime to do a small set.

:combust:

That was so fantastic. I was sitting there with a throw blanket hiding the bottom half of my face, because I couldn't stop grinning like an idiot.

And with Bono's haircut and all, when he was jumping up and down at the beginning of The Saints Are Coming, I had a total PopMart flashback :drool:

Loved the performances! Three cheers for "Wake me up when the house of the rising saints are coming to have a beautiful day" :hyper:

PopMart flashback...:drool: :crack:

Bono's improv was one of the main hightlights of the set.
They really captured the spirit of punk rock having 2 basses and 2 drummers at once. But still, U2 are better!

Last edited:
Great set. Bono's voice was a little crackly & they didn't do a whole BD, but the good definitely outweighed all that. Rockin' songs, especially 'Saints'...and Edge soloing in the middle of a Green Day song! :lol: Fantastic!

Ya,... loved it!! Bono's improv was cool as all get out!

..... I AM AN AMERICAN!!!" hahaha!! That was brilliant!

He speaks for the victims so well, It was just fantastic.

How did you like his white rosary beads?

U2 and the Saints!! It's like they blessed the dome and welcomed the good spirits back! Rock on New Orleans... GOD BLESS YOU!!

Achtung_Bebe said:
whooo hooo they'll be back for an encore at half-time!! this is so exciting!! :hyper:

Word is that it's just a replay of the pregame performance. The only mention of "halftime" was from the announcer before the performance, and he was talking about how U2 had played there at halftime for the Super Bowl a few years ago..

I must say I really really enjoyed The Saints Are
Coming. It exceeded all my expectations for the performance. I was only a little bummed by the short Beautiful Day. And I'm still not so sure about Bono's hair. He's also looking a lil chubby no?

Back
Top Bottom