Scariest U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:
From Flagan's book, In cold blood - a poem Bono tried to include on Zooropa or recite live:

"I read a book once, called "In Cold Blood" About a murder in the neighborhood Pages of facts did me no good I read it like a blind man, in cold blood So the story of a three-year-old child Raped by soldiers though she'd already died Made the mother watch as they fucked her in the mud I'm reading the story now in cold blood More now coming off the wire City surrounded, funeral pyre Life is cheaper than talking about it People choke on their politician's vomit On cable television I saw a woman weep Live by satellite from a flood-ridden street Boy mistaken for a wastepaper bin Body that a child used to live in I saw plastic explosives and an alarm clock And the wrong men sitting in the dock Karma is a word I never understood How Cod could take a four-year-old in cold blood I live by a beach but it feels like New York I hear about ten murders before I get to work What's it going to be, Lord, fire or flood An act of mercy or in cold blood?"

This is extremely haunting and unfortunately real.

Miami does it for me, I dont like all the yelling he does it scares me. :huh:

Exit. Larry's drumming at the end sounds like gunshots. Edge does all these creepy little harmonic things. Bono's lyrics are chilling. Bono's singing is chilling. Adam's bass, while mind-numbingly repetitive, is probably one of his most ominous sounding lines. Definitely the scariest U2 song, hands down. Put that on full blast when it's dark, and I guarantee you'll get goosebumps!

Exit, fo' sure!!! Chilling, both musically & lyrically!

Somebody said Deep In The Heart and I agree somewhat. Although that song is just plain sexy :combust:

junkydog said:
I reckon Elevation.. because it is the most shallow, gimmicky, commercial, and corporate product they have produced. That is the scary side of U2

:yes:

That and Wake Up Dead Man...that backwards wailing...:ohmy: Listen to it at 3 AM...that's some freaky stuff.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
exit

those who said love and peace or else :huh: scary is not in the first 100 words i would use to describe it

What about the rattlesnake noise / snake hiss, though, when Bono sings "peacceesssssssss..." ? That always gives me the willies!

:wink:

Exit, of coarse. Unless we're including Corpse, that's the scariest thing I've ever heard out of my speakers. The dragging of the chains, the lyric sounds like it's something Satan would say to me, I never knew Egde could be that creepy.

Stuff Exit, I changed my mind from An Cat Dubh....it has to be....

ENDLESS DEEP....not the kinda song you should listen to on yer Mp3 player walking through an alleyway on a cold night..

Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk!!!
and too beautyful ghost...i'm listening it now!
"to theee breeeak oooofff daaaaayyyyyy..."

U2's genuinely most scary song is Exit. But I've always found it to be more wickedly fuckin awesome rather than scary.

United Colors and Acrobat definitely get votes as well.

Passangers, minus a few, is their scariest album.

And The Joshua Tree (One Tree Hill, Mothers of the Disappeared) is extremely haunting too.

Last edited:
Meghan said:
Unless we're including Corpse, that's the scariest thing I've ever heard out of my speakers. The dragging of the chains, the lyric sounds like it's something Satan would say to me, I never knew Egde could be that creepy.

:lmao:

yeah the obvious choice is Exit. Scariest, and also angriest. darkest.

why do I not know the song Race Against Time...?

Ok....so for me I think the scariest would be the ones I do NOT like to listen to in the dark....

Unforgettable Fire (I'm not sure why)
Zooropa (This is moer recent...I fell asleep listening to it the other night and had nightmares)
Alex Decends Into Hell

Now Exit on the other hand. That is probably their eeriest (lyrically at least) song

I'd definitely go with Love is Blindness for haunting sound, Exit as scariest. When truly done right Bullet the Blue Sky live is truly haunting, particularly the intro.

I agree with Wake Up Dead Man, not even listening to it backwards. One time I started to listen to it backwards, but I had to turn it off right away, I was too creeped out.

I also am a bit creeped out by some parts of Tomorrow. "Don't open the door, somebody's outside."

Bullet the Blue Sky because of its intenseness and Exit for lyric and sound too I guess. Some of the Passengers soundtrack is dark and eerie too come to think of it.

AtomicBono said:

:lmao:

yeah the obvious choice is Exit. Scariest, and also angriest. darkest.

why do I not know the song Race Against Time...?

(mostly) instrumental track on the Where The Streets Have No Name single. email me and i'll send it to you if you like? It's one of my favourites and definitely one I'll list here.

others - exit, Corpse, Korova 1

Back
Top Bottom